Chapter : 33

Ivan

Ivan

Inside an extinguished luxurious room decorated with the finest furnishings, a long table filled with mountains of papers, this quiet room, pen pen-scratching sound repeated endlessly.

'Nothing? Does she really remember nothing at all?', frowning his brow's Ivan questioned himself.

The previous night, after the doctor left to check on her, Miya said she knew. She fucking knew she(Miya) was an assassin. So why?

'I needed to make sure how did she came to know it and how far does she know?' That was the reason behind today's breakfast, but there's no sign. The maid did say she was drowsy; even if one was drowsy, can it be to that extent that she can't recall anything from the last night?
More so, what was that feeling I felt?

'The day when you disappeared from my sight. Instead of feeling relief, my inside bundled up into a storm. As demanding why, other than me, could a reason exist for your disappearance.'

'And when others try to kill you, madness invoked within me like an exploding volcano
Nevertheless, with my own hands, I do want to kill you.'

'Regardless of all this, why did I save you when you were drowning right before me? What is this hatred obsession I have for you? I want to end you yet also live miserably in agony.'

Thud… his fist landed hard on the table, startled Stefan, "What the heck? Scared the hell out of me, man." Fixing his glass, he spoke, "Is there something troubling you? Talk to me if you need to. I am all ears."

No reply came from Ivan, but the scratching sound of the pen echoes.
Stefan shakes his head at his stupid friend's acts.

Arya

'he is being strange, but why?' Von was sleeping on my lap, 'just what did I do last night for him to behave like that? Even Miya seems a bit off since morning.'

Ivan Dragun never shows mercy to his enemies. He returns kindness tenfold, but He gets back at his enemies with hundredfold. Much or less, he would never be kind to Arya, whom he hated for three lifetimes. For him to act like that means something significant happened yesterday night. His words may sound pleasant to others, but not to me; I read the whole volume. I know them more than they even know about themselves. He uses his appearance, knowing how valuable and influential his features are. His genuine smile is only dedicated to his family and the female lead. The smile he has shown to me in the morning, can not be the genuine one; behind that smile, vicious like poison awaits its victims.

"Ivan Dragun, what is it that you are planning?", Mumbling I said.

No matter how hard I try, I can't remember anything from that night. I have to know what actually happened. When I pondered in thoughts, Martha knocked on my door, "Madam, it's Martha. May I come in?"