Chapter : 41

Arya stride on the woolen carpet through the hall, accompanied by Miya and Alfred, following her five step behind

"Alfred, how long is the duchess's office?", Impatiently she ask.
"My lady, I still think you should wait until the Duke's arrives", a troubled Alfred says matching his steps with Arya's.
Stoping at her track Arya says, "I already notified you all about my arrival, more so about the things that needs to be done", turning at Alfred, "are you saying you are going to deny my order?"
"Of course not madam, my apologies", understanding his mistake in a flash the butler apologized.
"But madam..." stopping him she look at Miya and slyly ask, "what were the rules again?"
Knowing how stubborn her mistress is Miya could not refute to her demand, "to follow the duchess command in the absence of the duke."
Setesfied with her answer Arya look at Alfred and with a smile she ask once more, "And the duchess is me, is that correct?"
Miserable he replied, "yes, madam."
"Alright than, without any further dely, shall we continue?", Saying that she started walking again.

The duchess office was nothing like what Arya had expected. On the contrary, is was rather simple. Perhaps she was so used to seeing how lavish and luxurious the rooms in the Duke's mansion were that the word 'dull' came to mind when she saw this office room.
It is not that the room was unkept. It is clean and looking at it, it was clear that the room was keeping clean on regular basis. But the room's structure and the furniture were simple.
'this won't do', "butler", as Arya called he rushed his step to came forward, "there's need to make a lot of changes. Call the people needed for the work."
"Yes, madam", saying so he left but dismay was clear on his face for Arya to caught on.
'well, he made it clear where his royalty lies.'

Inside the greenhouse :

Misham was smothered in a fur coat, sitting on a swing with his feets hanging, surrounded with some peculiar flowers bud, as his gaze was lost on the white clouds in the sky 'he look worst,' Arya could not help but think that.

"Someones been lonely", hearing her voice he was surprised. Misham runs to her, breathy voice he says, "your back, my lady", beaming with joy.
"How have you been, Misham?", In gentle voice she ask.
"Without you, it's lonely here, my lady", he replied. His eyes were so pitiful that anyone looking at them would have thought he was the most miserable person living here.
"Was it that bad?", Arya ask again.
"Mm...hmm", nodding his head he replies.

"Come", saying she started walking through the garden paths, her eyes wander around the plants planted there. Some of the flowers was on full bloomed while some were just a bud. Misham silently walked along with her. It was always hard for him to understand his master. She sometimes look like the most dominating woman yet sometimes she would look like the saddest person alive. She remain a mystery to him, yet he accepted her as his master.

In the slum he saw different kinds of people, many Noble's came to do charity work, some with good will while some with evil. However none of them were indifferent to him, they all treated him the same way. 'Disgusting', 'look mother, he got red eyes', 'don't look dear, you will be curse', 'you filth, get way', his past  was not something to be found of until she came. She was not like the others, she was full of arrogance. Her one word could silence everyone, her voice was like the law itself, no one can refute to her. She was not afraid of anything, not of me.