Chapter : 31

The door where I came in now opens, and a portal can be seen

The door where I came in now opens, and a portal can be seen. I look back at the capsule pieces, which were shattered in the space. Looking at  Von, I spoke, "Should we not bring those with us? They might come in handy. After all, they bounded you here." I took them carefully so as to not cut myself and wrapped them with my scarf. The portal leads us to the cave where the box lies open. Like a treasure chest, there were many things like gold, jewels, magic research papers, books on magic, many kinds of potions, and a dairy. It's unbelievable that such a small box can contain so many things. There was also a bag beside the box, and it was a round-shaped bag.

Along with the box, I put all these things inside the bag, but the fun fact is that no matter how much I shoved inside it, it was light as a feather. 'A space bag, huh..? I guess luck is on my side today.'

"Dear you" was written on the cover of that dairy. The cave gradually welcomes the sun ruy. The sun was rising, and it was time to leave this place. I started walking towards the opening of the cave. As soon as I came out of the cave, I was surrounded by monsters. 'Luck on my side, my foot...' They snarl at me. "This day can't get any worse." As if to prove me wrong, the snow golems also joined the monster herd. **ck I curse at myself.

"Don't worry, with your current power, this much is nothing," Von solaced me. "Just say the magic word, and all of these will go boom-boom," she jumps excitedly. "What magic word?" I asked in perplexity. "Fȳarzę," saying that she looks at me. Without any other options, aiming my hand at those monsters, I chanted "Fȳarz.". As soon as I spoke, the word. Fire-like affray spread widely. In touch with the fire, all the monsters burn like a devouring blaze consumes its offerings. She was leaving nothing behind but the ashes. Smoke intrudes with air, making my sight hazy. My body was becoming weak, so not to delay anymore, I left that place.

=•=•=•=•=•=•=

Ivan

We came to the northeast side because of the new monster growth. 'I can not believe she did not come to bid us. Not that I expect anything from her, but is it not her duty to do that much?' It was already dawn when we reached our destination. The village in that area was attenuated from all the monster attacks. The bulwark was not strong enough to defend the town. There were many cracks in the wall, dried blood stains that were hard to come off, the soldiers were severely injured, and there was a lack of food and medical services. The villagers are radically in despair.

Seeing us, they gathered around, and the village chief came forward. Shaking, he bowed down, his forehead touching the ground desperately. He seeks help from us. I was seeing that the rest of the people also do the same. Rage overtook me, hatred flowed in, the grip in my hand was tight enough for my nails to dig into my palm, and I clenched my jaw hard. These people faced this much danger, yet the Northern Association did nothing.

The ground rumbles as if it will open its mouth and swallow everyone there. People quiver in fear, praying consistently. What is strange is that the monster herd starts going in the northwest direction. The monsters are faster than the monsters we faced so far. We followed behind them, and they came near a cave. At a glance, it was a burl, but indeed, I saw a figure coming out of the cave; it was a woman—all the monster growled at that person in fear. I did not hear clearly but saw her lips parting; she spoke something, and fire arose. Burning all the monsters that came in contact, a beautiful blaze danced in the snow. That person started moving, and my mind told me to rush toward her, but the smoke made it hard to see anything. All I saw was a walnut-colored cape covering her features. When the smoke was out, she was already gone. Someone like her, someone that powerful, I need her. How come I did not know of her? I have never met someone like her in my whole lifetime.