Chapter : 53

After a few days, it was the day of Olivia's tea party

After a few days, it was the day of Olivia's tea party. As Arya was about to get dressed, her eyes widened at the sight before her. A whole new setes of jewelries, these were not in her drawer before. Confused, she looked at the maids who were giggling. Miya spoke, breaking her confusion, "The master has bought these for you, madam. Each one made with the finest gems, one of a kind, designed by the best jeweler. There are no second pieces of these." Arya's confusion turned into shock; her eyes glanced at the jewels on the vanity as they sparkled. 'Each one must have cost a fortune. How much did he spend on all these?' Arya's mind was trying to grasp when Miya added, "The duke personally chose this one for you to wear today."

It was a delicate and elegant necklace with two layers of collar, featuring a unique design of two swans facing each other with their heads touching. The necklace is crafted from rose gold, emitting a lovely shade of white-pink. It is adorned with three carat round-shaped diamonds, while two red rubies indicating the swans eyes. Meticulously placed, enhancing its beauty and charm.

A dreamy smile curved her lips, delightfully, Arya spoke, "alright than. Ladies, I will be in your care."
Enthusiasmly the maids says, " leave it to us, madam."

Ivan waited for Arya in the hall, dressed in a white doublet with a 'v' shape, matched with a white shirt underneath. A blue cloak regally draped over his left shoulder, adorned with a dragon symbol brooch on his right side. As Arya descended the stairs, Ivan glanced up at the sound of her heels, his breath catching as his eyes met hers. His heart raced as he took in her long light blue dress that was just in ballerina length, paired with light blue blouse with cape collar neck , perfectly complementing the beautiful necklace, accentuating her beauty. Offering his hand, he said softly, "You look beautiful." Arya teasingly quipped, "That's it?"

But Ivan replied, saying, "I am seeking words that could adore you, yet in my mind's chamber, lack eloquence. My tongue stumbles, for how can mere syllables capture the beauty before me."

Arya did not expect him to say this. Faced with this unexpected surprise, her face colored with crimson, her eyes fixed on him, unable to utter a word. All she could do was hurry to the carriage waiting for her to ride. Miya rushed with a cape in her hands, "Madam, it's cold outside. Take this cape; it will keep you warm in the cold." Not listening to her maid, Arya kept walking fast towards the outside. Ivan grabbed the cape for her and followed Arya outside. But where could she run off to, with Ivan also coming along with her? As he sat opposite her, she found herself unable to even look at him. Embarrassed, she looked outside through the window. As the carriage rattled, silence fell inside, yet they both found comfort in this quiet, enclosed space. 'why would you dressed up so much? when you are just going to drop me there. What a shame!' Arya mulled over.

After a short while, they arrive at the Miller's mansion. The young lady of the house stands outside, welcoming the guests with a smiling face. Ivan steps down from the carriage and offers a hand to support Arya.