── ⋆⋅ Marriage? ⋅⋆ ──

It was day, and reading books were one of my favourite things

It was day, and reading books were one of my favourite things. This book was about arrange marriage of a princess. It was fictional and I was about to end it. The way this book described how at first he used to not love her but still cared for her and accepted her as his wife.

Then gradually he fell for her completely and she also fell for him and they had a happy ending. I closed the book and looked out of the window seeing my pets that were my rabbit, a cute puppy, kitten, and few birds and butterfly playing in the garden.

I inhaled and smile appeared on my face remembering the man I saw two days ago. He was handsome and I just started to feel for him a lot. I want to see him again, want to talk to him but i don't know about him.

Suddenly I came out of my thoughts when my father entered the chamber. He said nothing and came closer to me. I stood up and soon he engulfed me into his hug. He hugged me so tightly as if I'm going to vanish the next moment.

"What happened Baba?" I said as he didn't say anything but hugged me more tighter. After a while he left me and pecked my forehead "I want to tell you something, will you please listen to me first?" I nodded "There's nothing to please about it Baba." I made him sit on the bed and sat in front of him.

He was tensed and if he needs my help I'll whole heartedly do it. "I'm in trouble my child. I need your help" he said as tears welled up in his eyes. My heart ached. "Baba, why are you crying? What help do you need? I'll do anything" I said as he wiped his tears from his cheeks

"Did you went outside your chamber on two days ago?" My heartbeat increased as I nodded "Why dear? Why? You shouldn't have" he said with sadness as I replied "I'm sorry Baba, I won't go out again, I promise"

He spoke "It's too late now" I frowned "What is it Baba? Tell me." I asked and he replied "There's some man who saw you and figured out you are my daughter. He wants to marry you my child" he said and my breath hitched.

Aadil? He wants to marry me? Does he love me back? If that's so, I'll happily marry him "I'll marry him Baba. What's so big in this?" I said as his eyes widen "No beti. You don't know him" I held his hands. "Baba, don't worry. If he asked to marry me, then there would have been something that he might like about me" I said as he sighed

"He will not let you live in peace. I would not have even asked you about this but he threatened me by saying he would declare war against us" he cried as it hurted my heart a lot. "Baba, please don't cry. I'm also princess. I've some responsibilities for this kingdom and if marrying him will save our kingdom I'll happily so it" he cupped my cheeks and kissed my forehead.

"He will come in evening with his family to meet. I'll send dress for you so get ready okay?" I nodded as he gave me a hug before leaving. I again sat on my bed, suddenly Vaishali entered. She is my personal attendee and also my best friend in this kingdom.

She sat beside me "What is it Shivanya? Why are you looking sad" she asked as I sighed "I'll be getting married" I said "WHAT?" she yelled standing up as I closed my eyes due to loud voice "Vaishali, stop shouting please" I said as she again sat down.

"You're getting married? To whom?" She asked "I don't know who he is. But his name is Aadil." She enlarged her eyes "Are you mad? Why are you marrying that monster?" She said as I frowned.

"Monster?" I said as she replied "He is not a good man Shivanya" I frowned "You don't know him Vaishali, I've met him 2 days ago. I met him in the kitchen and then he safely dropped me in my chamber" she looked at me as if she saw some ghost.

"He dropped you? In your chamber?" I nodded "You know Vaishali, i think I like him." She looked at me weirdly "Like him? You just saw him once. You don't even know him yet" She said.

"If I started liking him in first sight, then I bet i would insanely fall in love when I'll get to know him" she nodded and hugged me "I'll ask the king to send me with you as well" i smiled widely "Really?", as she nodded.

"His family is coming to see me today" she looked shocked "Today?" As I nodded "Don't worry, I'll make you the prettiest girl ever" I chuckled.

It was evening and my father sent me the dress as i went to get dress up. Vaishali helped me with jewelleries as it wasn't much. Then she helped me walk to royal courtroom. The announcement was made for my entrance as I saw my father stood up.

He do respect me a lot. And seeing him standing, everyone else stood up as well. I went and stood beside my father as he smiled at me. I sat beside his throne.

"She's my lovely Daughter, Shivanya Nayak" he introduced as I greeted them and they greeted me differently. Maybe their culture.