── ⋆⋅ First Day ⋅⋆ ──

It was early morning

It was early morning. I didn't want to get up but the sun rays were directly hitting on my face. I tried to move but his arms were caging me tightly that I couldn't even get up.

I again tried but failed. Slowly, I moved his hands away from me. To be honest, they were heavy, very heavy. I slowly moved towards the bathroom but my anklets disturbed him "Where are you going this early begum?" He said

His voice was deep and sounded sleepy. I looked back to see him looking at me and his head was up with the support of his elbow. "I'm going for bath" I replied lowly.

"This early?", he said "Yes, I usually get up at this time", he nodded and then I went inside. The workers gathered immediately to help me wash up. My habit was to get ready by Vaishali but I don't know where she is. I miss her a lot.

They took me to changing room and made me dress up like the bride is used to be on the first day. I was wearing the mixture of his culture and my culture as well.

I moved outside to see him sitting on the bed with his mother and two attendees were beside her. His hairs were messed up and eyes little swollen from sleep. They both were talking and smiling.

Suddenly mother noticed me "Oh Shivanya, you're here. Come here my child", she said and I sat on the place where he was sitting a moment ago. He moved towards the bathroom to get ready leaving us alone.

"I hope you're not tired or anything" I nodded and smiled "This is Zaina Bai, your personal maid from today" I looked at the lady who was in her mid 20's. A little older than me but looked young. She greeted me as I greeted back.

"She'll help you with anything" I nodded as mother said "Ji" i replied lowly. She made me look up "Your face is just like moon. I'm proud of my son's choice. I hope you'll manage the kingdom efficiently" I nodded "Jii Sultana" she chuckled

"Call me Ammi or whatever you call your mother child" I smiled "Maa" suddenly tears filled my eyes as she looked shocked "Why are you crying my child? If you don't want to it's okay" I shook my head

"It's that I've not called this word since very long" she looked at me with sadness and hugged me "Aw, my child" she patted my back and shushed me.

We heard his voice "Why is she crying Ammi?" He asked worriedly and sat beside me on another couch "It's nothing Aadil. Something's should be between daughter and mother as well", she teased him as he looked at her with dramatic expression

"Ammi, now since you got your daughter-in law, you'll take her side huh?" She chuckled "Ofcourse" this made me giggle as they both looked at me and smiled.

"Come on now, let's have breakfast with others" she said and left. Then he came forward me and said "Shall we?" I nodded as I followed him.

He walked through hallways, his hands were back and he walked as if he owned everything here. But he do own everything here. We soon reached the huge hall and I saw everyone present there.

He went and sat beside father and I sat beside him. Father was sitting in middle chair and we both beside him. In front of us was mother and Hamza.

Hamza greeted me with smile as I greeted him back and we started the breakfast. It was all silent and after that everyone went away. As I reached my chamber everything felt boring. He entered the chamber.

"Isn't here any library?" I asked as he looked at me and smiled "There is" and then he clapped his hands two times and an attendee entered "Call Humza" and then the attendee went away.

He came and sat beside me. "You love reading books?" He asked as I nodded "Then you'll be happy to know that we have all kinds of books in our library and in every language and about every country. There are lots of book about history, fictional, non fictional, biographies everything. Hamza will take your there" i nodded

And soon Hamza entered "Bhai you called me?", he said as Aadil stood up and moved towards him "Take Shivanya to library and make her aware of every corner of the palace" he nodded.

"Let's go Bhabhi" I nodded and followed him. He showed me around the library. "Bhabhi, do you also write something?" He asked as I nodded. "I do write some poems and stories sometimes" he smiled widely. "Please tell any poem you wrote" i smiled a little and said

"Actually I don't know anything in Urdu, I'll learn and compose one and will definitely tell you one" he nodded "I'll wait Bhabhi" he replied.

Then we moved towards the garden areas "Here Bhai do sword practice. Do you know how to do it?" I nodded " Yes, my Baba taught me everything" he smiled

"Then let's defeat Bhai" I chuckled "No Humza, I will loose from him" he replied "So what bhabhi, at least do it for me. Two days later, I and Bhai will have a competition. We do this for fun, and with him it's always Abbu and I'm always with Ammi and Ammi can't do it properly.

I'll keep you in my team and then you can make him lose" he said and i smiled. He definitely is a naughty one. "But what if I can't defeat him?" He chuckled " Bhabhi you're his wife, just wink at him and he'll lose" my eyes enlarged.

"Wink at him? No no. Never. I can't do that" i said looking down shyly "Come on Bhabhi. Don't be so shy. For me please" he looked at me with so much hope "I'll buy you the latest books promise" he know my weak point

He smiled widely as he knew I won't deny. It has only been few hours and he got to know my weak point already "Fine I'll do it" I said as he jumped in happiness. I smiled looking at him.