Chapter 10

I woke up the next morning and already felt a sense of excitement for our movie night. I'm not sure if I would exactly call it a date, but it was as close as we were going to get for the time being.

When I checked my phone, I realized that I didn't have a message yet. She almost always beat me to the punch in the morning, but I guess I was more on top of it for once today.

"Morning, excited for tonight :)" I sent.

Before I set it down to go shower, it went off in my hand.

"Me too! Thought of what movie to watch yet?"

"Damn I didn't know I had to make that decision," I sent back.

"I'll be nice and let you choose, wouldn't want to scare you or anything ;)"

"Oh aren't you just soooo funny?" I asked.

"I did think it was a pretty good one if you ask me," she said.

"Mmhmm...well choosing the movie is a lot of pressure, I'm not sure I can handle that on my own," I sent.

I finally set my phone down and went to get ready.

I knew work was going to go by slow today, and I tried to prepare myself for it.

I checked my messages one last time before going in to the office, and I had one waiting for me.

"If it's too much pressure for you, I do have an idea for a movie."

"All you, let's hear it," I sent before putting my phone in my purse.

I walked inside and said hi to Chloe as I went by. She briefly looked up from her phone and waved. Before I made it into my office, I stopped and backtracked a few steps so I was standing in her doorway.

"Hey Chloe," I said.

"Hm?" She looked up at me.

"I um, thanks, for not making me stay late last night," I said, "I appreciate it."

"Sure," she responded with a nod.

It was hard to get a read on her expression, but I nodded back and awkwardly walked to my desk. We'd see if her somewhat better mood continued the next time that people had to stay late or she needed something done.

***

Saying that my day went by slow would've been an understatement, I felt like 5:00 would never come.

When it finally did, I all but ran out of the office. It was Friday, so I would've been eager to go home either way, but I had extra motivation today.

I knew that we didn't have anything planned until 7:30, but I still wanted to get home. I checked my phone as I walked towards my car, and read the most recent message that had come through.

"Have you seen the movie Ammonite?"

I narrowed my eyes at my screen and tried to think if that name sounded familiar. I didn't think that I'd ever even heard of it.

I got into my car and googled the name of the movie.

"Your choice is really about an old paleontologist? You must know something that I don't :)" I responded.

"I might, you'll just have to trust me," she sent.

"That's a tough ask from someone that you've only 'known' for a couple of weeks...and I use that term lightly ;)" I said.

I put my phone down and drove home before checking it again.

"Ha, okay that's fair...but you should do it anyway!" She responded.