𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓

Another stupid nonfunctional day in college is here. It's the prize distribution day today where I'll be getting two prizes one for 'best dressed' in Navratri & another for achieving second position in Antak Shri competition. Yup, both the prizes are as important to me as a raincoat in summer. But I am happy for a different reason as I'll be on stage & ashfaque might cheer for me...will be proud of me or something, even a little bit at least....

"And the next prize goes to Muskan Ansari for best dressed in Navratri along with getting into the second position in Antak Shri competition" the host announced. While standing up & walking towards the stage my eyes are at ashfaque just to see how he reacts, is he happy or not as I am his girlfriend he should celebrate even the tiniest bit of my achievement. BUT NO! He is not even looking at me. I took the prize said thankyou still looking at him, but he is busy talking to a volunteer.  My faced turns melancholy instantly. The event ends and as I walk towards the exit, I hear from behind,
"Someone's in hurry" ashfaque taunted.
"You tell me! I thought you didn't know I was about be rewarded today or were you so busy talking to the volunteer that you forget I am your girlfriend and I deserve to be looked at by you at least if I am having a special moment" I took it all out.
"Can you just stop being so much dramatic for once? so, what if I didn't look at you, you were not the only one there, also why do you want so much attention you were not getting Padma Bhushan or something" he says annoyingly.
"Look at you! look at the way you are speaking to me and then you have the audacity to come to me every time and say, 'I am sorry I love you', but this is not how love looks like & I am done in giving all my efforts to a relationship which only makes me cry every damn day, I AM SO DONE!" I say this crying.
"So, you want to breakup" He asks coming closer to me.
I placed my hands on his chest to push him as I say, "I need a break from you just leave me alone & mind your own business for a while until you feel like you are ready to be a man & then claim to love me" saying this I walk to the exit.

I've come to the class early today, almost twenty minutes early. I just need a little bit of time to register what is going on in my life right now. I am not going to tell Komal about today, somethings, I should know how to handle alone I guess, but it's in my face, my every emotion is expressed through my facial expressions. She'll catch me in two minutes better I just do a quick rehearsal to at least make her look like everything's okay.
Shaad enters the class, he is early today too, is he also facing something? should I ask him? Nope! he'll ask me back the same & then I'll be stuck with no choice but to tell him.
"Hey early today?" we both asked each other at same time & smiles at each other.
"Yeah" again we say this together and this time we laugh, our laugh echos the class we are alone in here.
He sits behind me "Done with the homework?" he asks.
"Nope, didn't got time for it" I lie clearly, I had plenty of time, but my brains fucked up, so I just did nothing today.
"Oh! where were you busy huh...out with your dear boyfriend, hanging in the gardens or maybe a cool day out, had fun?" he is teasing me, but it felt like salt over wound. Before I say anything Aftaab comes in & then I cuts the topic saying,
"Say for yourself, where have you been going lately with your girlfriend?  I say this my putting extra stress on 'girlfriend'.
"I don't do girlfriends" he says casually.
"Don't tell me you never fell in love" I am giving him side eye.
"Do you want to know why?" a question to my question that is how Shaad works.
"Will you tell me why..." I try to play like him, but he is pro at it I got it.
"Will you come with me tomorrow" another question from him but this one just went straight into my head where its echoing 𝘞𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘸....
"Where" I ask still trying to get over that question.
"Just answer me...or do you not trust me..."he asks me calmly.
"I do trust you OfCourse, I'll come with you, just tell me where..." I say hesitantly...He smirks. HE SMIRKED.
"Meet me here tomorrow morning at eleven".
"But..." I stops as I see Komal coming in. 

I am home and how is the time to continue where I left, my fingers working super-fast sending text to Shaad,

ME: So now tell me...where we going?

SHAAD: I am not going to kidnap you Muskan can you please trust me for once and just come with me with your mouth shut.

I feel something when he takes my name...

ME: Okay I'll keep my mouth shut.

SHAAD: I meant it for questions, okay? keep your mouth shut for asking questions otherwise talk to me I hate to see you quiet, you being silent feels like......

ME: Feels like...?

SHAAD: When someone gives a tight slap and the silence sensations that feels in the ears...yes that's how it feels like

ME: (Laughing emojis) Thats the most insane comparison I've ever heard. See you tomorrow.

SHAAD: Yup! Good night.

ME: Good night.

I am smiling......yes, I did cry in the morning, got into an unwanted argument, was sad but at the end of the day there is something I am smiling at, there is someone who made me smile. He is indeed my best friend & now his question which he asked me once 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦? pops into my mind. I feel the same today. Wish I'd met him before...!