𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟒

My throat, its hurting. I guess it's because of what happened yesterday. Never mind, Shaad and I, we are going to meet today, and I will tell him everything. This is the last day we are seeing each other. I am not at war with him, I am at war with myself, and he is just standing in the blast zone. I don't want him to suffer because of me, I may not live long enough to be with him forever. It's high time, I have to choose between what I want and what is correct. I want to take my last breath with Shaad, but I don't want him to breakdown because of me. He has already lost his father; he doesn't deserve to handle another heartbreak. So, the correct thing to do is definitely let him go. If he is written for me, if my love for him is true, he will come back to me. If I survive, my every breath will be his but if I don't, I'll wait for him in the afterlife.

"Hey" he greets. "So, what do you wanted to talk about?" he asks.
"Sit here for a while with me, please." I say in a low tone.
If these are my last moments with him, I want to keep these moments forever with me. His touch, his words, his kisses are eternal to me, and I want to keep them as my favorite memory if this is our last time.
"You are quiet today, what happened?" He notices.
"Shaad, I am dying." I come straight to the point I don't want to play merry go round at this moment.
"W-what? I--I don't get it. What do you mean." he asks worriedly.
I explained him everything in detail, I want him to make choice, if he wants me to stay even knowing this about me then I am okay with it. But if I won't allow him to know what he is dealing with it'll be a betrayal to him which I would never do to him.
"Muskan..." his eyes filled up instantly.
"Sshh don't! please don't cry for me these tears, I'll die because of them much earlier than the disease."
" Please don't say that Muskan, please tell me it's all a lie you are just joking. I--I can't I CAN'T lose you please don't leave me Muskan ----"
"Shaad, Shaad listens to me, it's for you, for you to live happily without me." we both are crying at this point.
"How can I Muskan? how can I live happily without you. I am nothing without you please don't leave me."
"Hey.... look at me here. I am not leaving you love; I'll treat myself & be back if I can & if not then I'll be waiting in the paradise for you."
He hugs me tight.
Cries and screams and what not. Let it out.
"Shaad, I'll always wait for you. No matter however long it takes. Me, my heart and every matter of my body belongs to you, and you, alone."
"Muskan, I need time to register this." His voice is cracking because he is crying.
"Thats the problem. I don't have time." I hug him tighter.
Tears are rolling from our eyes continuously. He is crying for me, what an honor for me. It's like I lived my life successfully if my death makes him cry. My fragile heart can't take it any longer. The fact that he is crying for me has drenched me into more pain. 

We stand up and starts to walk towards our home. He calls me and i turn back and he says, "Come here."
"Shaad..."
"Please."
I walk towards him. As i reach him, he cups my face and kisses my forehead. Forehead kisses are kisses meant for soul. He lights up my entire world at this moment. 
Besides ink and diaries, poems and daisies, autumn and fallen leaves, winter and cherries, I love his forehead kiss. His eyes are still watery so is mine. I waited for this man, for this love, for so long and when I finally had it, God made another plan.  I won him with my love, but I lost him with my destiny. 
We look in each other's eyes, for the last time maybe. Him and I, we are my favorite story. 

I reach home and I receive a message from ashfaque,

ASHFAQUE: Hey...you, okay?

ME: Yeah. Thanks for what you did yesterday.

ASHFAQUE: About that, I wanted to give you an offer.

ME: I am not interested.

ASHFAQUE: Hear it once, it will keep you and Shaad together forever, just as you wanted.

Shaad and I, we'll be together? what is he talking about. Maybe I should give him a chance.

ME: Speak.

ASHFAQUE: I'll help you. I help you with your medicinal course and whatever it takes.

ME: Not that you've decided to become a saint all of a sudden. What do you want in return.

ASHFAQUE: For you to pretend to be my girlfriend.

Fool of me to think he cares. This man just cares about himself. What in a world he thought I'll pretend to be his girlfriend after what he has done to me. Dumbhead

ME: Right! As if I'll ever agree to it. Come on you that I'll prefer to die rather than be your girlfriend, even pretentious.

ASHFAQUE: Look I am not asking you to do it all the time, just until you get healed and gets back together with Shaad.

He is correct. I don't have to do it all the time, it's just until I gets healed. But why is he doing this favor to me. He is no saint, there might be something he has planned behind this. But what!

ME: Why exactly do you want this? Why do you want me to pretend to be your girlfriend you can ask any of your sluts.

ASHFAQUE: *friends* but never mind. I am asking you, because you are pretty, beautiful inside out, I can brag about you. I don't expect an answer immediately. Think about it. You don't want to die and leave Shaad alone do you? If you want to be with him, then I am the shortest way for that. Use your brain for once. Goodbye.

He is somehow correct. If I take his help, he is not asking something so big I can't give him in return. I'll be back to Shaad then we can be together till we both gets super old and quirky. Till our teethes falls out, and his favorite tooth of mine, singular. Right. I'll take this. I just need to inform Shaad about it. I'll ask him to wait for me, I'll be back. I love him so much.