𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟒

Is it possible for humans to melt, literally, if yes then I have melted over. His voice, I got to hear him after so long, my eyes got filled instantly as I hear him say 'hello.' I am quiet.
"Hey you there?" he asks.
"Hey" I spoke softly. I really need a manual on how to act normal with him. 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵.
"Hey it's me, Muskan." I state.
"I know, I have your number."
"Happy birthday!" I wished him directly, no yin and yang.
"Thanks"
"How are you and everyone at home?"
"I am fine. Everything's good. What about you?"
"I am doing well, umm... I--I just, where have you been all this time?"
"What?"
"You heard me."
"I was dealing with a lot of things Muskan."
"May I know what those 'things' are?" Stop Muskan this sounds so desperate. Its 12 AM don't I have better things to say? I just hope he was not busy with other girls.
"Are you upset that I didn't talk to you for months?" 
OFCOURSE I AM.
Okay he has not changed, not at least his habit of asking question over a question.
Depends on the reason you give for that." that came out cold.
"My father, he passed away."
"I--I am so sorry; I didn't know it."
"Got your reason?" he sounds upset.

He has his reasons to be upset. He was suffering all this time when I thought he forgot about me how foolish of me to think he'd ever forget me. 

"Shaad I am so sorry. I was not with you when you needed me the most, please, please forgive me for if you won't, I'll never be able to forgive myself for being such an ignorant little shit."

"Shh, it's not you I am displeased with, it's just that, I wanted you to at least text me once all this time, but you didn't and it's not your mistake. Maybe I expected a lot from you, so I stopped expecting anything from you. So, you see, it really doesn't matter."

That really didn't sound like forgiveness, but I have to earn it after all. He is important to me...no he is more than important. If I could give him one thing, I'd give him the ability to see himself through my eyes. Only then would he realize how special he is to me.

"Muskan? did you fell asleep?" he asks as I haven't responded for long.
"No, I am still here.... Listen, can we catch up someday?"
"Sorry?"
"I mean we can hangout and... have a day for us, you know like how we did once when we--"
"When we went to the gate way of India." He completes the sentence.
"Yes"
"Muskan...... tell me, you missed me?"
"of course I did."
"Why?" his question itself has the answer. I have still not confessed my love for him, to him. I know he knows it well. He just wants me to say it, he just wants to hear it from me. 
"You didn't answer my question Shaad why should I answer yours."
"Ms. Muskan Ansari, are you asking me out for a date?" 
"Noo!!" 𝘋𝘦𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘺𝘦𝘴!.
"Yes, you are!"
"It's not a date, date is different okay, two people go out talk, eat, do more talking and come back home."
"Isn't that what you just asked me for?"
"ARE YOU GOING TO COME OR NOT?" I said a little louder. 

He laughs. HE LAUGHED. Damn his laugh healed the very distance we had for months in a few seconds. If he was the sun, then I'd be the ice. I would have stand still to look at him even though every second of looking at him would cost me my life. Afterall I'd be evaporated and become a form of cloud. May be then I'd get a little closer to him. I hear a voice on his phone from behind asking, "Who are you talking to this late at night?" It's his mom. Should I disconnect the call?
As I am about to disconnect the call, I hear Shaad saying, "Its Muskan, you want to talk?" 
My eyes widened, me? talking to his mom? what will I say?
"Hey?? what are you doing?" I ask him anxiously.
"What? you don't want to talk to my mom, fine I'll let her know...MOM--"
"Stop! you idiot! what will I talk to her about?"
"I don't know, but pro tip, start by greeting her, she loves girls who knows how to greet properly and respectfully."
"What did you tell her about me?"
"What do you want me to tell her about you?"
"Shaad for once at least, please answer a question with AN ANSWER!"
"I told her about you as in you are my classmate, my best friend, closest to my heart and..."
"And??" 
"And I showed her your photo." 
"What? which photo? when?"
"So many questions but I am not going to answer any of them without anything in return."
"What do you want?"
"YOU...........to ask me nicely." That 'You' trick again huh!
"Am I holding you under threat?"
"But you are not asking it nicely either."
"Thats my best"
"Goodbye then."
"Hey-y wait, fine. Please tell me Shaad what, which, when, I asked you about."
"Yes, I showed her your photo, the one in which you are wearing that white scarf, I don't remember the date but probably in March."
"Oh. Well, it wasn't that hard to convince you to tell me all this, was it?"
"I told this myself, it's not you who convinced me. Because there will be times, when you will tell me so many things and I won't listen to you, I'll do whatever I want to. So, consider this as an advance compensation for that."

I pursed my lips as I felt a sensation, 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘵. 
"Goodbye" I said in dart.
"Did I made you blush huh? I bet you are blushing so hard right now, aren't you?"
"I am not! Bye." I disconnected the call and instantly a notification pop up,

SHAAD: To your answer, yes, I will come on a date with you.

ME: It's not a date but whatever! Happy Birthday once again.

We talked for almost thirty minutes, but it felt like two. Although we've talked to each other after six months, it felt like it was yesterday. I am smiling and yes as he said I am blushing over what just said. I am back to be happy. I think it's time. Time for me to confess my feelings for him.