CHAPTER FIVE - TO MISS GRAYLING

It took Doris a few moments the next morning to recall what had happened to her. When she remembered what Alicia  did to her, her hands clenched in rage.

Doris was dying to tell Fanny, whom she was sure would sympathise with her, but she didn't get the chance to tell Fanny until Prayers that morning.

'Fanny,' she whispered angrily. 'Something absolutely dreadful happened last night.'

'Is it so bad that you have to tell me during Prayers?' asked Fanny. 'I do so hate for them to be interrupted.'

'Yes, it is,' said Doris angrily. 'That horrible Alicia Johns roughly pushed and locked me into a dark cupboard!'

'Oh! I don't know how she dares to do such things to well-bred, likeable girls like us,' said Fanny with a prim expression of horror on her face.

'She must be punished,' agreed Doris. With that, both girls turned their gaze onto the nearby figure of Alicia Johns. The Pi Sisters didn't look so devout now, with their malicious stares and protruding eyes! Alicia couldn't help but respond to these looks with a smug smirk, for she knew that Doris was going to get a good ticking off from Miss Grayling.

As soon as Prayers ended, Mam'zelle swooped down on Doris, ready to punish the naughty girl. Together, the two entered Miss Grayling's room.

'Heavens, what is this all about?' exclaimed Miss Grayling.

Doris hung her head, hands clasped together tightly, as Mam'zelle explained the previous night's debacle to the headmistress.

'But Miss Grayling, you must know that Alicia Johns was the one who locked me into that cupboard,' entreated Doris with wide eyes and a solemn expression.

'Alicia? Why, Mam'zelle tells me she was fast asleep in her dormy, Doris! Please do not tell tales on other girls, it is not a good habit. I remember your mother when she was at Malory Towers, always sneaking on other girls,' the Head reprimanded disapprovingly.

Doris flushed. Her mother had told her it was good to tell on other girls, and she was not going to stop just because of what the Head had said!

'I'm afraid that you will get two weeks of extra chores about the school for this misdemeanor,' ruled Miss Grayling. 'Girls mustn't be out of bed past bed-time, much less in store cupboards!'

Doris fumed inwardly at this unjust punishment that ought to have gone to that awful Alicia Johns! 'I shall plan something with Fanny very soon, and then Alicia will be punished as well,' she thought gleefully. 'Soon!'

**WE WILL RELEASE 2 CHAPTERS PER DAY DEPENDING ON HOW MANY VOTES AND READS WE GET, SO PLEASE PLEASE TAKE TIME TO VOTE**