morosis

Morosis
(n.) the stupidest of stupidities.

...

Chapter 1

_____________

The first lesson I learnt on my first day back wasn't in Ap Calculus class, no. I wish things were that easy for me. The lesson started in a rather strange way. As I got closer to the corner, the voice got louder and I started fathoming what it might be. I was searching for its source for a few minutes now, I needed to know what was this weird sound. A few steps away from its source, I realized what it was and I wanted to vomit.

It was girl's moan. And good god, she was loud.

Lesson was that, stop being so fucking curious all the damn time you insufferably dumb bitch!

Here's one reason why I hate high school. These clingy, so-in-love pair of morons who have hormones flowing like the Niagara, made out in every corner ever existing. Like you'd think I'm exaggerating until you've visited my high school.

And when there's a high school full of couples, there's always a celebrity couple among them too. This morning Lauren walked in with puffy eyes, her summer body ruined because of the ice cream she's been stuffing down her mouth for last three days whereas Justin walked in with Erica in his arms.

This is how Justin is. Or should I say, this is how high school is?

The same guy who happens to live right next to my house, for more than ten years now. And before you start to think, it's the very usual best friends falling for each other type of story, let me give you a spoiler. Just and I had a whole different plot twist to our story. One that neither of us saw coming and I wish it was as easy as falling in love. Said guy was leaning against my locker and smirked when he noticed me, "You forgot me this summer. What? You found your werewolf soulmate?" He said.

Opening my locker I give him a sideways glare, "You were busy fucking Lauren in Bali. You didn't even pick up my calls."

"Yeah, that's true. She kept me very very busy." He laughs, waiting for me to laugh with him. When he doesn't his desired reaction he clears his throat. "What about you? What did you do this year?" He asked, running a hand through his dirty blonde hair.

My eyes lit up, "I found this new small cafe. It's two minutes away from our place and the owner is such a sweetheart. He said I'm welcome anytime and the coffee they make is heavenly."

Justin smirked. I was literally bouncing up and down on my feet.

"How can someone be so excited talking about something so boring?"

I roll my eyes, "Sorry I didn't get that, I don't speak bullshit." I start to walk away from him but he catches up. Throwing his arm over my shoulder, he said, "My cousin comes back tonight. Are you excited?"

I arch an eyebrow at him, "I'm so excited that I fell asleep."

He narrowed his eyes, "You've got humor of an eight years old." I taught him this insult, he's using it on me now.

"And I don't fucking care."

"But he's coming back after a while. He spent a summer with us when we were ten. You forgot him?" He asks. I shrug, "I was ten back then and now I'm not. So yeah I don't remember your cousins."

"He's the one from Chicago. His name is Shawn."

Looks like I do remember that cousin of Justin. "The one who steals condom from his father's dresser?"