charmolypi

Charmolypi
(n.) a mixed feeling of happiness
while being sad.

...

Chapter 14

————————

                 Dear god, please don't send period today. But, God didn't listen. I sourly looked at the red liquid as it went down the pipe. Usually, the cramps struck within a few hours. Today's Monday, I am sleep deprived and I got my period today, I couldn't be any happier. Note the sarcasm.

I tend to get very lazy during my period that's why I left in a haste without having breakfast. Justin wouldn't stop honking.

I got into the backseat, with a container of yogurt in my hand and a spoon in my mouth. As he starts driving I open my packet slowly. Strawberry flavored yogurts are my favorite. The only good thing about this mournful morning.

Suddenly Justin breaks roughly, causing me to jerk ahead. "What the fuck do you think you are doing?" I snap at him.

"What does it look like? Swimming?" Justin asked from the driving seat. I resisted my urge to smack his head.

"Which blind man gave you the driving license again?" I ask him.

"Why are you being so rude to me?" He stops the car abruptly, causing my to jerk ahead again. I curse loudly, making him turn around in his seat. "Fuck, wear your seatbelt."

I make a face but do as he says. Then I frowned at him, "My period started today, it hurts." He raised an eyebrow, "Really?" I nod. Justin sighs. "Alright. After school, my place. Movie, pizza and whatever the fuck you want." He turned around and started driving.

"You're the best." I shouted. I saw him smirking. "Tell me something I don't already know." He says. I roll my eyes. We reached school with about ten minutes to spare, which I was thankful for. Getting to my locker will be hard given the sickening pain in my lower abdomen.

Why me Mother Nature?

I saw Shawn, leaning against my locker, smiling sweetly. I haven't met him ever since they left on Saturday. I didn't want to. I wanted some time to compose myself, so that I don't end up crying in front of them again. If possible, his smile only stretched as I got closer to him. God only knows, I can't handle this much of happiness and good vibes this early in the morning.

"Tara." He exclaimed loud enough to catch attention. He opened his arms and engulfed me in a hug.

"What the hell?" I scowl at him.

"Are you happy?" He asks me and I just look at him confusingly. "What did you drink this early in the morning Shawn?" I ask and his smile drops. "Milk." He deadpanned. I roll my eyes and wiggle in his grip, "Let go."

He does and I open my locker. He leaned against another locker and asked, "I thought in Florida, we greet people kindly?" My mind went back to our encounter at the airport. I smile at him, "Fuck you." I was taking my assignment out when I felt a big amount of blood come out. I immediately stiffen until I can't feel it anymore.

"Are you Okay?" Shawn asks. So he noticed. I just nod and go back to what I was doing. Once done I slam it shut and lean against mine. Like a routine, we heard a familiar screech as Lauren jumped in the arms of Justin. Then, they started making out. I take out my packet of cookies from my bag and open it.

"Cookies! Can I have some?" Shawn exclaimed. I looked at him weirdly, "Obviously not."

"Can you stop being so bitchy?"