mizpah

Mizpah
(n.) the deep emotional bond between people, especially those
separated by distance or death.

...

Chapter 68

___________

              "You shit eater! Bloody pig! You kidnapped my daughter, I'm going to kill you Alexander!" Mom's voice even made me squirm uncomfortably, though she's here to rescue me.

"She's not like I remember her to be." Xander told me. The door to my room slammed open, making a thudding sound against the wall. Adrian flinched and moved away from the door, came to stand next to Justin. Mom's eyes fell on me, her hard glare slightly softened. But then she noticed Xander sitting next to me.

"You bloody kidnapper! Who the fuck do you think you are? Kidnapping my daughter? I'm going to kill you!" She screamed as she stomped inside the room. Xander stood up and walked towards her, calmly unlike mum.

"Teresa, there's no need to be so angry." He tried to reason with mom. She scoffed. "Angry? I'm not angry. I'm fucking furious! What made you think you can just bring my daughter here without my permission? And you-" she pointed at Adrian, who straightened up his posture.

"I'm going to kill you too. Did I give you the permission to date my daughter? Did I?" She screamed. Adrian shook his head, too shocked to say a word. "Then why the fuck is she with you all the time?" She asked again.

"Tara didn't tell me I'll need your permission." He blurted out. Mom narrowed her eyes at Adrian.

"Mom! Mom! Look at me, I'm fine. I'm great, to be honest. Please calm down." I smiled at her. Mom gave me a confused look before she took careful steps towards me. Her gaze was fixed on my forehead. "What is that? Is that blood? Tara are you hurt?" Mom held me by my shoulders. I may have hit my forehead, thanks to Caleb. But I had no idea there was a bruise or blood on my forehead, no one told me anything either.

"Who did this? What happened? Who hurt my daughter? I want to know! It was him, wasn't it? This Alexander who claims to be your daddy. How dare you touch my daughter!" Mom lunged at him again. Xander skillfully handled mom, grabbing her hands and holding them upwards while she struggled.

"Calm down. She's my daughter too. You seem to forget that." He told her before letting her go and mom pushed him away. "Then why's there blood on her forehead? It just magically showed up there?" She snapped.

"Mom I tripped. And fell. Then blacked out." I answered before anyone could. She turned to me with a confused look. I innocently shrugged my shoulders.

"Why were you here to begin with?" She asked me. I looked away from her and towards Xander. "I needed answers and someone had to explain what was going on."

"I just took some pain killers, my head hurts like a bitch so I just want to go back to sleep. Please." I added. Mom hesitantly looked around the room.

"Okay. But I'm taking you home with me the minute you wake up." She told me. I smiled and Xander ordered everyone to leave. Under his menacing glare and mom's scowl, Adrian walked up to me and kissed me on my cheek. "Sleep tight baby. I'll probably sneak in." He whispered and winked at me before leaving. I couldn't help but grin at him.

"Good night guys. Please don't fight." I said to my parents who didn't want to leave the room. Mom looked at Xander and then back at me. "Call me if you need anything." She said and I smiled.

Xander walked up to me and pulled the duvet to my face. "Sleep well Tara. If you need anything, I'll be in the room next to yours. Okay?"

"Okay."