virago

Virago
(n.) a strong, brave or warlike woman;
a woman who demonstrates
exemplary and heroic qualities.

...

Chapter 48

_____________

     "Hey mom? Hi! So I called you and you were unavailable so I just wanna say that don't be mad when you see me in my new hair tonight, I love you and I wanted to dye my hair. I hope you will like it, it's not too crazy, hahahahaha, ok bye." The beep goes off and I sigh. I don't wanna end up homeless. Mom's phone went on voicemail so I couldn't have a last talk with her before doing something very crazy!

"Alright so now, which color do you want?" Ethan sat in front of me enthusiastically, he couldn't wait for me to make a bad decision.

"She would look really cool in blonde." Justin suggested. I looked around nervously. "Blonde is more on the safe side, she should go crazy with it." Ethan spoke thoughtfully. Tyler nods too.

"I was thinking of getting blonde highlights, nothing too extra." I tell them. Ethan scoffs and rolls his eyes. "I need something bad and boujee."

Sighing I sit back and let them decide for next ten minutes. The salon door opened and Adrian walked in. Justin's eyes were narrowed and his lips in a straight line, "Can we help you?"

"I invited him, he's Tara's friend." Ethan spoke up. I gave him a large smile before turning to Adrian, who had a smirk on his face.

"As long as Tara is cool with me being here, you shouldn't worry your ass off." He says simply before a dragging a chair next to mine and sitting down. His eyes fall on me. "So, is that weed you smoke? Why'd you wanna color your hair?"

"Truth or dare." I inhale deeply, something about Adrian being here made me really wanna do it. I turn to the boys who were still arguing about which color my hair should be. "I'm going violet." I announce.

Ethan's eyes filled with excitement. "You're gonna look so hot!" I giggle with him before the salon lady asks me to go inside the small room while the others wait outside. I did as told. But once I've had her bleach my hair I realized, I left Adrian alone with Shawn and Justin. They're gonna get on each other's nerves and probably tear this place down.

Man, I'm tired of them fighting.

They can never talk to each other without death threats and fist fights. Ethan is still out there, thank god. It took two hours to finally get my hair done. After blow drying my hair the lady combed it as I stared at my reflection with awe. I didn't look very hot but I'd never guessed violet would suit me.

Running my fingers through my hair, I grin to myself. This didn't turn out half as bad as I thought it would. When the salon lady, Erica, gave me a nod of approval I stood up and inspected myself a little longer. I smirk to myself, not a bad decision after all. And who cares if it's not exactly the ideal violet-purple colour?

Stepping out of the room made me feel like I was about to be robbed, I stood under their piercing gaze as they stared at me for a few seconds. Ethan was the first one to shout. "YOU LOOK HOT!"

I burst out laughing as Justin rushed to hug me. "Damn Tara, I thought you'll look ugly. But now I just-" I hugged him back, squeezing him in my embrace.

"And now?"

"You should've dyed your hair a long time ago." He replied. I roll my eyes and punch his chest. "Just compliment me you asshole." Justin burst out laughing.