irenic

Irenic
(adj.) promoting peace.

...

Chapter 54

____________

             Adrian and I sat next to each other silently as everyone struggled with Carlos. His cigarette smoke would occasionally cloud my vision but he didn't seem to give a fuck no matter how many times I've glared at him.

On the other hand, we have Carlos-fucking-Incitti. He was throwing a fit. Archie must've been the oldest here because he kept saying all the things elderly people say.

"For your old man's sake, get up son."
"Carlos, you will listen to me. You will listen to your oldie Arch."
"Carlos, my son, you have to be stronger."

Carlos only shook his head and buried it deep inside the couch. He doesn't want to have the chicken soup Archie's wife sent for him. He was under anaesthesia and everyone was going nuts. Atlas held the bowl over Carlos's face. "This is going down your throat. No matter what." He shouted at his face making Carlos giggle. "Make me drink the soup, Daddy. I'm thirsty." Gasping, Atlas stepped down.

"Wait daddy, don't go. You can punish me." Carlos whined out.

What the fuck am I hearing?

Everyone looked very disturbed by his words. Adrian sat up straight, blowing smoke through his nose. "Wait a minute."

"Is it what I think it is?" I whisper out. So basically, he felt nothing when he kissed me because he's actually gay?

"We had no idea." Adrian replied. Tyler, who stood by the couch asked Atlas what was Carlos going on about.

"For fucks sake no! I'm not fucking Carlos! I love tits! If that gives you an assurance." Atlas yelled for everyone to hear.

"And him?" Tyler pointed at Carlos. Atlas shrugged. "We were hooking up in rooms next to each other's before we got the call from Adrian. I'm pretty sure he's straight."

"Then why's he calling you daddy?" Adrian asked him. Angrily running a hand through this hair, he roared, "Its the fucking anaesthesia."

It was hard not to burst out laughing but I kept my composure. Atlas angrily looked over at Carlos again who was now talking to Chandler. Atlas shook his head. "I can't do this."

"I wanna dance." Carlos shouted for everyone. Tyler gave him the best puzzled look. "You dance?"

"Bitch, have you seen me twerking?" Carlos shot back. Tyler retched. "I don't want to. Thanks."

Atlas went to try again. "Carlos sit the fuck up and drink this soup. Stop fucking around."

"But daddy..."

"Stop calling me Daddy for fucks sake!" He screamed. This time I burst out laughing along with everyone else. Atlas looked over at everyone angrily before setting the bowl down and walking out. Archie went to try and convince Carlos again. Tyler lazily walked over to where Adrian, me and Ethan were sitting.

"You're welcome here anytime you want but I think it's best if you two head out now. Today's been pretty... uhm.. you know what." He sat down between me and Ethan. Their hands intertwined immediately. "Go home and rest. Okay?"

Ethan and I nod at each other. Alright we're heading out. "I'll drop you." Adrian spoke.

"You're already tired, you don't have to. We'll just call an Uber." I replied and Ethan agreed with me. Adrian didn't argue, I guess he's really tired. I got up to say goodbye to others and apologise again.