ineffable

Ineffable
(a.) Too great or extreme to be expressed or
described in words.

...

Chapter 29

————————

                       My extra cautious self checked the lock again before I flew down the stairs from our front patio and jogged to where Justin's mustang was waiting for me. His car matched our vibe perfectly. He had his sunroof open, I could spot two handsome dudes sitting in front. My favorite dudes.

One wore a white buttoned down shirt paired with his washed denim shorts, his hair combed back, while the other had a white tank top on with his black basketball shorts and his hair, was it ever in order?

Justin whistled when he saw me, something he does when I look good. My outfit wasn't much, a white cropped top and white denim shorts paired with my white bandana. I got in his car and we drove off to color fest. Fin-fucking-ally.

"Looking cute, Tara." Shawn complimented. I was about to thank him when Justin spoke up, "She's not interested bro, can you give up?"

Shawn smacked his head so hard that his sunglasses fell off. "Thanks Shawn and Justin can you stop being the big brother?" I ask.

"It's in my blood now." He replied as he smacked Shawn's head.

**

"Tara, my boo! " Ethan shouted when he saw me walk into the bistro. Ethan owns my heart, the way his face lights up and he call me his boo is too much for my heart to handle. We were having breakfast together before color fest. This bistro is all vegan, much to Shawn's dismay. He can't live without meat.

He poked my dish with his fork, "Its an avocado on top of a toast and some baby tomatoes. How can you even eat that?" His face showed pure distaste.

"With my mouth." I innocently replied.

"That's cherry tomatoes roasted in extra virgin olive oil and herbs, that's not an avocado on a toast that's an avotoast. Learn to appreciate the art that is food." Ethan told him curtly. Also did I mention the bistro belonged to Ethan's aunt?

After breakfast we walked to the closest surf shop there was, to hire some bicycles. Cycling to where the festival was sounded like a really good idea to me. Justin and I set off before even Shawn could sit on his cycle. A broad smile spread across my face as the wind hit my face, making my hair fly.

I looked at Justin and we shared a smile. But I swear I saw the seven years old Justin smile at me, who convinced me to go out cycling with him during sunset and we roamed around our city without a worry. But after we came back past our curfew, we had to deal with Juliana. That didn't bother us really, we had fun that day.

"Incoming!" Shawn shouted. He pulled up next to Justin with a water gun in his hand. He aimed at his ear, Justin's weak point. Everyone's weak point!

"Holy mother of cows, Shawn you better stop! I'll fucking bury you alive, you asshole!" Justin cursed away as I tried to gain more speed, I can't be the next victim.

Two minutes later, Shawn pulled up next to me. I let out a high pitched scream as I tried to pedal faster. Shawn's evil laughter was all I heard as I took a swift left turn, leaving our original route. To hell with color fest, I can't get water in my ears.

Shawn followed me into the alley. But he didn't know his way around our city as good as I did. I took turns and turns trying to get rid off him but he was one tough guy. Jesus Christ, help me!