eccedentesiast

Eccendentesiast
(n.) Someone who hides pain
behind a smile.

...

Chapter 20

————————

                   "If Teresa finds out, we will be killed. All of us." Justin warned us. Shawn and I groaned. He needed to grow up. "If she finds out, we will tell her I needed clothes to move away. I can't live a few days away from house without my necessities." I tell him.

"You can, if you suddenly discover yourself in Sub Sahara." Shawn joked and I smacked his head. We were going to our house. I needed to know why mom wanted me away.

We enter my neighborhood when Justin warns me again. Of course, if mom finds out she'll be disappointed in me. But I can't just sit still and do nothing. Mom is throwing me out of the house for a few days, kind of.

Shawn stops the car a few houses away from mine. "What's the plan?" He asks

"We go in and if there's no one home, I'll search mom's room while you two will pack my stuff." I tell them. What if someone is home? I don't know.

We get out of the car and Justin says, "Don't do something you'll regret."

"We are not going to rob the house. We are just going to look around." Shawn said, "Right, Tara?"

"I don't want to end up in jail." Justin muttered loud enough for us to hear. Shawn smacked Justin in the head, "Teresa wouldn't do that, she loves us."

I rolled my eyes. My eyes get stuck at the red SUV parked in front of our house. "Gray is home with mom." I say.

"Should we go in?" Justin asked. When I don't say anything Shawn says, "We didn't come this far for nothing." He was right.

"I came to pack my stuff, remember?" I remind them when I reach for the spare key that mom hid under one of the flower pots. I slowly unlocked the door and we tip-toed our way in. They weren't downstairs.

"Are they in her bedroom?" Justin asked. I sallowed, not ready to think of the answer.

"We should just do what we came here for. Pack my stuffs and get hell away from here." I say again as I went up the stairs, but Shawn stopped me and started climbing in front of me. Gray and mom were home and I wasn't ready to see what my mind was assuming. Before we reached the second floor we heard voices and my heart sunk.

It didn't take us time to know what the sound was about. My mom was moaning. I stood frozen in my position as Justin gasped. "This isn't what I'm thinking, this isn't what I'm thinking." He started chanting.

Shawn cursed loudly, "Shut your face Justin. We don't want them to know."

We heard Gray grunt very loudly. When I say loudly, I mean loudly.

"Holy shit, they are wild." Justin commented again. If my body didn't feel totally numb, I'd have slapped him.

Their weird noises, words like  yes, oh yeah, wasn't appealing to me. I didn't want to hear it. Suddenly my whole body felt hot. It went so hot. Mum was having sex with her boyfriend, probably, and I was outside her room and listening to their screams. I shook my head and took a step back.

"I never thought I'd live to see this day." Justin whispered. Same, buddy.

"We should get the hell away from here, right now. If they come to know...." Shawn trailed off.