alharaca

Alharaca
(n.) Extraordinary or violent emotional
reaction to a small issue

...

Chapter 21

________________

I call Justin for the seventh time, hoping he would pick up this time. He doesn't, so I try again. He picked up the eighth time. "Tara?" Came his hoarse voice. I sigh in relief. "Thank god, where are you? Justin?"

"I'm a horrible person." He said. I leaned against the wall. His voice was so sad and off. "No, you're not. I know you since childhood, you're a ray of sunshine. You're far from horrible." I tell him, making him scoff. "Please tell me where are you, we can talk then."

"I'm in a room." He said. Really. Helpful. Information.

I took a deep breath. "Are you still at Megan's?" He mumbles something in response, I'll take that as a yes. I opened a door to see the room was empty.

"Justin was it on second floor?" I ask as I open another door. A high pitched scream came as I shut it again. Two girls were getting nasty in there. I open another door, which was a bathroom. Again, empty.

"Justin, this house is so big." I say to the phone.

"Lauren's heart is too." He said. He was fucking heartbroken.

I open another door. I spotted Justin in it. He was seated in the couch and it looked like tsunami hit the room. The sheets were scrambled, a vase was lying broken and a chair was too. I cautiously made my way to him. He kept looking down at his hands on his lap. It broke my heart to see him like this.

"Hey." I say softly. He looks up. I sighed when I didn't see any tears. I can't imagine how I'd handle him if he had cried.

"What happened?"

He looked down again. "I'm so horrible Tara. How could I ever doubt Shawn?" He said.

"Where is he?" I ask him. Justin shakes his head. He doesn't know, I had to locate Shawn down too. I should get payed for doing this.

"He and Lauren. I only imagined the worst, but he would never do something like that. How could I forget that? I punched him twice, I want to apologize." He said. I could hardly understand what he was trying to imply.

I wrapped my arms around him, he leaned in. "Tell me from the start."

And he did. After he stormed off he came upstairs and searched for the two. He found them in this very room. Lauren was standing very close to Shawn and he didn't like that. He called her names he didn't want to or meant. But when mad, Justin often said things he didn't mean. I knew, Shawn knew, but Lauren didn't. They had a heated banter before she stormed off. If it wasn't messy enough Shawn called him a 'Fucked up pickle sucker.'

Of course, Justin over reacted with him too. Punched him twice thinking he and Lauren made out. Shawn only said, 'I always thought you trusted me.' before he walked away too. Of course Shawn wouldn't do it. He might've been drunk, but once he told me Lauren wasn't really his type. Also, she was off limits.

The brotherhood Justin and Shawn has in between is so precious. Shawn wouldn't do anything to ruin it. So wouldn't Justin. But now, everything was a mess. It was all over the place. Suddenly I was pulled into Justin's embrace. I hugged him back immediately. He inhaled shakily. "Don't leave please." He said, his face in my hair.

"Never."

His arms tightened around me. "Lets just get the hell way from here. Can you call Charles and ask him to come here? I'll find Shawn." I told him. Charles was the doorman at Justin's apartment complex, also his driver when he was drunk.