hiraeth

Hiraeth
(n.) A homesickness for a home you can't return to.

...

Chapter 55

___________

               "Adrian?" I called out. He only stared back in shock. "Why are you here?" He asked me.

"We visit Jerry anytime we can, we've been coming here for an year now. We visit the dogs and buy him food." I explain, still in shock. Chandler scoffed and Zach shook his head. "As if he needs you to buy him food."

"What?" Justin snapped.

"Hey Chandler, stop talking for now. I'll do the explaining." Jerry piped in and I held my hand up. "No. I have a feeling you're about to lie."

I turned to Adrian. "How do you know Jerry?"

"He works for us." He simply replied. His words hit me like a truck. This old man who can't even walk properly works for his gang? This is some bullshit.

"C'mon Jerry. Haven't we payed you enough? You're fooling these teenagers for some pizza?" Chandler asked him and Jerry looked like he was about to slap him. I mean, he was always in a bad mood. But today it looked worse.

"I don't get it. You're with them?" Justin asked Jerry. He didn't reply. 

"Seriously Jerry? Why them?" Zach inquired again.

"What does he do for you?" I asked out of curiosity. He could barely walk up the stairs, what could he possibly do for them? How could I not see it?

"Oh! Him? We pay him to live-" Zach started.

"That's strict gang business and you three, are not a part of our gang." Atlas cut him off and looked right at me. His words cut through me and I cursed myself for ever thinking he was somewhat nice? Can I get anymore stupid?

"Jerry lives here because we pay him to live here. His hut has a secret passage that leads to our main ware-" Adrian started to explain nonetheless.

"Enough!" Atlas screamed. "Are you out of your damn mind? Why the fuck would you do that?"

"We decided this last night Atlas! No more..."

"I don't care what we decided! This is a secret of our gang! What if she informs the Vipers about it? What are you gonna do then?" Atlas didn't even let Adrian finish. I look at him in bewilderment. "Why would I do that?"

"Tara won't do it. She's not like that." Adrian tried to defend me. Atlas smirked and looked away. He breathed in and out for a moment. "You're so hell bent to get on her bed that you can't see it through!"

"Fuck off!" I yelled right back. His eyes zeroed on me. "If you could do it once, you could do it again. No?"

"Do what?" I exclaimed in shock.

"I'm sorry no one said it on your face yet but you seriously need to leave my guys alone! Leave my fucking gang alone!" Atlas screamed. "You've brought nothing but trouble. After yesterday you're just too much to handle for us. The fact that you've fucked one of my guys and now another one is always running behind you like your fucking lapdog doesn't seem to help either!"

"I- I haven't fucked anyone." I got the words out of my mouth somehow. I heard this weird siren like sound.

"Tara is virgin goddamn it! You think you can say anything you want about my best friend?" Justin shouts. Atlas turned back at me. "You haven't told your so called best friend either? Shame Tara! Shame!"