majime

Majime
(n.) an earnest, reliable person who can simply get things
done without causing drama.

...

Chapter 58

—————————

Took me some time but I finally found the adjective to describe my fucked up life. Hysteric.

Mom gulped down another wine of glass. She set down the glass loudly and stared unblinkingly at the wall. Gray and I share an look. He was like an angel in disguise.

When mom was throwing a fit back in the hospital in front of the whole gang, he heard her yelling a few rooms down and rushed to the spot. He saved my ass.

"Why?" She whispered. "Why?" She finally looked at me.

"I always wanted to go blonde." I reply meekly. I'm well aware of what she meant. But still, I tried to avoid it. Mom nodded. "Okay." She says and pours herself another glass.

"Really Teresa. I think Tara looks beautiful. Be a little supportive to my future daughter." He gave me a look. My heart warmed up. Is that what dads are for?

"Oh I can see my daughter looks gorgeous Gray but you know what I'm talking about!" She gave him a sideways glance and drank her wine.

"Mom, is it about those guys?" I asked quietly. She sighed loudly and looked at me. "Yes, those boys. I don't know them but they are coming every month with a bruise or something broken. They get into nasty fights. Those blue eyes, white shirt.. he- he came with a guy who broke his rib just last week. Today he brings this other guy with a dislocated knee, bleeding from his nose."

Atlas was always bringing in every one then. I looked at her. "They are not fighting all the time. At least not when I'm with them. We know them and I just-"

"Through Ethan huh? His boyfriend is Tyler. And Tyler came once too. I can't just forget those faces." Mom cut me off. "Never thought Ethan will be mixed up with that type of crowd."

"How do I make you understand they are not bad people? I like hanging out with them mom! You never had any problems with who I'm friends with, then.. why now?" I whined the last part.

"I'm just looking out for you Tara!" She argued with me. Yeah, right.

"Hey you two! Calm down. Teresa, Tara is right. Her friends are her choice. She is an adult. She can decide for herself." Gray piped in. "But your mom only wants what's best for you. And I've seen those guys too. They didn't look dangerous to me but... they are not really good people."

"I don't have any problem hanging out with them." I reasoned.

"Of course you don't! You don't know how dangerous they can be. How harmful they are to you. I've tried really hard to keep you away from this dangerous crowd in our city." She shouted. She never tried anything that I can remember.

"Mom, let me deal with them. Let me find out if they are dangerous or not. Let me find it for myself! I won't be in this city for long either. I'm leaving Jacksonville after graduation." I tried to convince her. Hiding truth is not my thing. Mom sighed. "Why are you so hell bent leaving? What is wrong with the local university?"

"Don't want to have this conversation right now. I don't want to talk about any of it! It's your engagement party tomorrow! You don't have to worry about you daughter. She'll be fine mom. Think about yourself."

"Mums can't help but worry about their kids." She tilted her head. Her eyes flickered to Gray. He sighed. "I agree with Tara. You should let her do her thing."

The Death Of Me ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें