apodyopsis

Apodyopsis
(n.) the act of mentally undressing someone.

...

Chapter 49

—————————

               "Alright I have an excellent idea." I turn to Adrian who was inspecting a couch. I get a bit excited when I'm in IKEA. Adrian sighed. "I doubt that."

What's with all this sass lately? Rolling my eyes I stand in front of him. "You'll have to hear me out anyway."

"We should play hide and seek. Right now, right here." I told him, excitement radiating off me. Adrian looked at me skeptically. "I'm way too to sober for this." He shook his head and walked away. Can you believe him?

"But Adrian! I really want to play hide and seek. There are so many places to hide! Wait are you afraid because I'm way too good at this game and you don't wanna lose?" I tail behind him, whining. Adrian sat down on a couch. After inspecting it for a while he looked up. "Can you be crazy somewhere away from me?"

I cross my arms over my chest. "You asked me to come with you."

Suddenly Adrian was on his feet. "Alright then, I'll count to twenty, run Tara! And hide good because I'm fantastic when it comes to hide and seek. Go!"

"What? We're playing?" I ask him.

"1,2,3..." Adrian begun his count.

"Oh my god..." I yell before I start running around. Twenty doesn't give me enough time to hide, in a place so large and full of options.

Adrian found me behind the couch I was hiding at, in like two minutes. He showed up from behind and startled me. Taken off guard I let out a scream and immediately start laughing like an idiot.

Adrian gave me a me weirded out look. "You're a bad idea Tara Summer." He shrugged. I gave him a big grin. "Your turn. Go! 1,2,4,6..."

Adrian started to run off and shouted, "Count properly Tara!" I burst out laughing. "15!"

After a short search I found him by the kitchen counters. I ran up to him and shout, "Gotcha!" Adrian flinched and looked at me as if I were crazy.

But my eyes were drawn to a blue wall behind him. "Look! Isn't that cute?" I point. Adrian looked over his shoulder and turned back around. "Yeah." He muttered.

I roll my eyes. "Seriously?"

Why does he have to be so uninterested in most things? Or could he at least pretend?

He huffed loudly and turned to the wall. "Know what? It's pretty wall, a very pretty wall. I'll gladly slam you against that wall and make out with you. Say what?"

I smirk at him. That's exactly what we did before an employee interrupted us and we were asked to leave.

Adrian glared at him for the longest time before grabbing my hand and storming out of there. The guy was just doing his job.

"We should have ice cream." I speak up. Adrian looked at me with an eyebrow raised. "You need to cool down. Ice cream helps, yeah?"

He doesn't say anything and we walk into Baskin Robins together. Waiting in the line, I was trying to peek and see what flavours they have today. Suddenly, smoke clouded my vision. Like, cigarette smoke.

"Adrian?" I swiftly turn around and he blows out smoke in my face. "Are you fucking kidding me?" I say out loud. Even the guy behind him was eyeing Adrian's back with disgust.