nemesism

Nemesism
(n.) Frustration, anger or aggression directed
toward oneself and one's way of living.

...

Chapter 45

—————————

"Which part of dangerous do you not understand?" Justin questioned me. I felt like I'm a five years old who played with knives and is now getting lectures from their mom.

"You would know if you hung out with them, they're not that much of a bad person." I try to defend. It only frustrated him more.

"Dawnbreakers are pretty dangerous and if you don't believe me why don't you read a few articles I got for you?"

I sigh and look down at the articles Justin sincerely printed out for me, so far he's ruined half of my day trying to convince me that I shouldn't hang out with Adrian after he saw me and Adrian on his bike this Thursday. Right now, Adrian is on his way to pick me up, and I'm still trying to figure out to give the news to Justin. He's gonna throw a fit.

"You know that I appreciate your concern right?" I ask him with a small smile, hoping to melt his heart.

"Don't talk to me like I'm your therapist. I told you he's not good for you and I mean it, when will you fucking understand?"

"When you stop frying my brain. Bitch." I shot back.

"No, you're being a bitch Tara. What is it about him that makes you completely blind?" Justin asks me. "You don't know what you are getting yourself into."

"Then maybe you should let me find out on my own. I enjoy their company." I tell him. Justin sighed defeatedly. I scoot closer to him and took his hands in mine. "Thanks for always looking out for me and I don't ever want you to stop. Please, care for me. But you should let me decide for myself too."

Justin gave me a halfhearted smile. "You were so immature and childish even a few days ago, what happened?"

I smile back at him. "It was the trauma mostly." I reply making us both laugh.

**

"I'm sure mom would love him. I mean he might be in a gang but he's pretty sweet and a charmer. But I can't help it! I'm jittery!" Ethan exclaimed. Tyler would be meeting his moms tonight and frankly speaking, I'm happy for them but it seems like they are rushing it.

Totally their choice to make.

"He will get along with them, don't worry. But do tell Ethan, will you be getting some dick later?" I ask him as we head to Calculus together. Ethan rolled his eyes. "I hope, bitch. I really do."

I burst out laughing as we entered the classroom. We arrived pretty early and still had some time to ourselves before the lesson began. We continued our conversation as we took out textbooks and then walked in Adrian. I looked up to see his grumpy face as he carried a broom and bucket into the room. He lifted his eyebrows when he noticed me and I offered a smile.

Putting his stuff in the closet Adrian walked to where we sat.

"How longer do you have to do this?" Ethan asked him.

"One more dreadful week and I'm done. Tara you up to thrash that old lady's house?" Adrian asked me playfully as he took a seat across me. Rolling my eyes, I replied, "Leave her be, would you? She did the right thing."

"Oh yeah?" He cocked an eyebrow up.

"If you hadn't got community service here, you'd never meet someone so cool and amazing and fantastic as me and your life would be bland and plain." I say with a smile, "So, you should send her flowers and say thank you."