11) Poking More Holes

"Shut up."

  Mhm.

  I decided to take what Wolfie said and throw it right back in his face.

"Oh, hi Maria. How have you been, dear?"

That's why I didn't respond when sweet old Luna Cara greeted me once we sat down a few chairs away along the grand dining tables.

I only looked at her and gave her my best wounded puppy impression.

  Be careful what you wish for Wolfie.

The look of confusion mixed with concern that came on her face was exactly the reaction I was expecting. Especially since the news of my situation has spread like wildfire.

I broke eye contact to look down dejectedly, then looked back, looking even more wounded. I pointed to Wolfie sullenly and did the zipped lip expression to communicate why I couldn't talk. To really take it home, I gave a meek sigh and rested my chin on my hands with the most hopeless of pouts.

  I took a quick peak at Luna Cara afterward and found her looking genuinely horrified in Wolfie's direction. It even got her mate's attention, and he was looking extremely perplexed and baffled as well.

  I had to hold back a laugh.

  It got even harder to do when Wolfie noticed and got all panicked and fidgety.

  I can't blame the two for being concerned(with a sprinkle of horror). If anyone ever did find a way to shut me up(without a gag, that is), that would be a pretty grisly process. Most would be right to be horrified.

They're probably wondering what the h3ll Wolfie could have done to get me all sad and submissive.

It took a few seconds for Wolfie's brain to catch up to the situation. He brought his mouth down to my ear. "Stop that!"

  I looked at him silently with "innocent" eyes.

  "Alpha Jason, what is this all about?" Luna tried to smile, although confusion played clear in her voice.

  "You know what you're doing! Stop!" He hissed quietly, the panic coming out more in his tone.

  I tilted my head in "confusion".

  "Yes, I've heard a bit about what you've been up to lately as well," her mate said, his eyes shifting to me for only a second, "what is it about, son?"

  Wait what?!

  SON?

  . . . Nah.

There was a pause.

  "It's debatable how good of a decision it was," the alpha continued.

Oh shoot, shots fired.

"It doesn't matter. It has nothing to do with you. It's Silver Moon pack business." Wolfie responded.

Ooh, reciprocating of shots.

  After all the passive aggressive-ness, more ensued. And so I tuned it out.

  I fell down a hole of what-ifs and conspiracies.

  I've known them for years. I feel like I would know if they had a son that was the alpha of a completely different pack(not to mention my mate). It's too uncommon for it not to be well known.

Also, that's not how a son talks to his alpha father. Even if he's an alpha himself(again, extremely uncommon), that definitely wouldn't fly.

Big Bad WolfieOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara