39) Postponed

•••Jason's POV•••

Panic filled my chest as I regained back control of my own body.

Then came the pain of being pushed out a third story window.

But that's not important right now.

I breathed heavily as I stumbled to my feet.

S**t, s**t, s**t

S**t Malaki! What have you done?!

Silence.

Oh, of course you have nothing to say!

I gritted my teeth as I half walked, half limped back toward the doors of the Main House.

With each step, I grew angrier at myself, but there was a bone crushing sadness to counter it.

An enraged, but even more-so, distraught, roar ripped through me.

"F**k!" I screamed.

  "F**k, what have I done?" My voice cracked.

  Next thing I knew, Zach came sprinting over with wide and alert eyes. They fell on the blood on my hand, and mouth, and to the broken window that he knows goes to Maria's room. His gaze switched to my eyes with a hard look.

  "What did you do?" He questioned worriedly.

  I couldn't stop the tears, "I have to go after her," I ran forward.

  He stopped me and gripped my shoulders. "Dude, what happened? What did you do?"

  That's when Maria's friends, Rose and Brandon, came into view, but I wasn't paying attention to them.

  I looked into my second in command's eyes, someone who's supposed to be coming to me for trouble, not the other way around, and broke even further, "I didn't mean to," I cried, trying to pry him off me.

  Rose's voice went dark, "What did you do?" She repeated after Zach.

  "I didn't mean to hurt her," I cried to my Beta. To my best friend. A silent, "help me," was in my words. "I swear! He. . . He. I couldn't stop him," I shook my head, nearly hysterical.

  Realization washed over his face, and he looked like he pitied me.

  But he just fought harder to hold me back. Away from her.

  "You bastard!" Brandon bellowed as he charged towards me.

  They don't even know the half of it.

  Gah!

  I hate myself.

  "Wait! Brandon!" Rose latched onto him. "Mari needs us! She probably went where she always does. We can beat the s**t out of him later, but right now, Mari shouldn't be alone," she looked into his eyes.

  His gaze whipped in my direction. He gave me one last long glare before he left with his mate with a grunt.

  "Let me go," I looked back to Zach, "Let me go," I pleaded.

  He shook his head with sad eyes, "She probably doesn't wanna see you right now, man."

  My heart shattered.

  Malaki finally came out of silence to whimper.

  My blood boiled at the reminder of what he did.

  Yeah, you better cry, you f**king animal! Piece of s**t! Look what you've done!! You've driven her away! She'll never be ours now!

  'She is ours,' he grumbled quietly.