73) It's Going Down

A hectic week has passed.

It is finally official that my land, along with Wolfie's, is mine again.

The process wasn't pretty.

The thought gives me goosebumps, and not the good kind.

I'm obviously glad to have my territory back, and deep down I knew this is how it was going to end, but I can't help but feel overwhelmed at all the new sh*t coming my way.

We haven't even had a funeral for my aunt and uncle yet, and quite frankly, I intend to pretend nothing happened to them until then. I'm afraid of how little help I would be to anyone if I let this get to me right now.

I sent for their bodies to be recovered in the forest the day we got back and made sure to warn the recovery team of the rogues and possible hybrid survivors.

Thank the goddess the warriors I sent came back safe.

  I don't know if I'd be able to bring myself to send more out there to recover their bodies.

On top of all that, I've sort of just unofficially assumed command. It's been a rather smooth transition though, because everyone else sorta just assumed with me. It's technically my rightful place, and I've been doing it on the down low for the past year, at least, so I guess we'll roll with this unofficial thing for now.

  Gosh, it's all so surreal.

  I've been preparing for this for the past month, h3ll, all my life, and yet I feel like I'm being hit by a tidal wave of responsibilities that I'm not prepared for.

  Even though I've pretty much had them for years under my parents' best friends, now I've got werewolves, a mate, Abaddon, and hybrids to worry about.

  It's such a sh*t show it's laughable.

  Thank the goddess, because laughing it off is all I've been holding onto.

  Rose and Brandon have also been helping with that.

  They've healed up almost completely, and I've just been thanking the goddess that no amount of damage is enough to break their sense of humor as long as they have each other.

  Those cheesy b@stards.

  Anyway, they've been training along with me for years to become my seconds, so they've been a huge help in every department throughout this hectic time.

  Along with Trainer Marco, Doc, Desi, and — even though I hate to admit it — even Captain @sshole.

  He voices his dissatisfaction with my assumption to power more than anyone else, but it's good to have people around you that humble you, I suppose.

  (A/N: Y'all remember Captain @sshole from the beginning, right?:). . . And um, quick question. . . Am I a terrible author for not remembering his actual name? Haha, Oopsies)

I've just made it my mission to stick to all of them like glue so they can support me in this weather they want to or not.

I'm just glad they actually do want to, I'm all talk, it would probably go to crap if they didn't.

Anyway, I'm currently supervising the supplies transfer to Wolfie's — I mean my territory.

Y'know, the supplies I hired someone to "borrow" from Wolfie's trade routs before they could reach his pack in order to weaken it.

Yeah, I'm giving those back.

Well, some of it.

Everyone on my little council, including myself, thinks my house will have a better time forgiving this whole screw up if we have a peace offering, such as supplies. But I told Wolfie's parents that was gonna happen when we had our little awkward @ss meeting, so they were prepared.