71) Keep it PG

I didn't actually read it on a fortune cookie, but I thought it would make it seem legit. Or at the very least offer some comedic relief.

  "Now let's go, you know how your mom gets when you're in the woods after dark."

He scoffed at me, "I'm a big kid now. A man. She can't tell me what to do."

  I snorted, "Debatable."

"She can't," he defended.

"I meant the man part," I smirked.

Am I doing this just to get a rise out of him? Yes. Is it childish? Yes.

Am I gonna keep doing it?

Yes.

"Oh that's low. Very low."

I giggled as we started leaving the cave. "Well, can you blame me? I haven't seen any evidence." I playfully turned my chin up.

Any evidence other than his rock hard and beautifully sculpted abs, pecs, and biceps that activate my salivary glands on an alarming level.

Well, and that one time I kneed him in the —

"Oh you want evidence," Wolfie grabbed my hand and pulled me into him, derailing my train of thought.

"Yes," I said without thinking.

Wait we're in the middle of the woods.

Excitement filled his and his wolf's eyes on a terrifying but equally delicious level, and I knew I had to make some clarifications.

"Some, good, wholesome, PG 13 evidence," I clarified painfully.

Wolfie pouted, but then wrapped his arms around my waist tighter and looked around, "I don't see any thirteen year olds," he said smoothly.

I swallowed, I don't either.

We're in the middle of the woods though, and I have standards, I reminded myself.

D@mmit.

"Yeah well," I glanced around me carefully, "you never know who might be listening."

"Listening? What? You're worried about how loud I'll make you scream?"

I slapped his chest, "Jason!"

He laughed loudly and it gave me chills.

Is this even still PG 13?

Because if not. . .

"Alright Maria, you're right," he smiled beautifully as he calmed down. "Let's go home," he said as he laced our fingers together.

  Something about the moment made butterflies explode in my stomach.

•••Jason's POV•••

  'When do I get to come out?'

  Soon.

  'Grrrr.'

  Oh, c'mon, you can't tell me you weren't enjoying yourself.

  'Oh yeah, talking about our dead brother, it was a blast.'

  I sighed in my head. She's trying to help us heal, Malaki.