Chapter 29 : カササギ 鳥 part 1

"Finally.Here we are,"

The ten teenagers stepped on the cobblestone road while inhaling Miyagi's mountain-like fresh air.

A rough huff escaped the third years lips , and the only red haired girl in the crowd lowered her head.

"Let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

カササギ 鳥

Kasasagi tori

Magpie bird

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You brought out the best in Hinata," Sugawara-san turned fully to Tobio , slightly bowing in the process.

"Asahi , our ace needs you to do the same!" He added.

The two first years nods in agreement , but I scrunched up my nose a little.

Sugawara-san....it's the same as  underestimating Asahi-san's strength..

"And Kairi-chan,"

I stared at him as he hesitantly nodded.

"You are the main brain of the match.I know you can do this, and I know how smart you are in your young age.I won't force you to do your best , but...." he inhaled before looking at me in the eye.

"I'll let you know that we're counting at you too,"

My cheek blushed slightly before  dissapearing back , as I gained my composure.

Hey , it's not everyday that you got pure a praise from Mam-- I mean Senpai.

"Hai," I nodded toughly , just before an angelic smile appeared on his face.

"Okay then.The match is going to start soon.Let's get back in," Sugawara-san motioned us to follow him.Shoyo and Tobio followed him in a heartbeat , considering how in love they are with volleyball.

Just like me.

Actually....what happened to Asahi-san and Dateko? Why would even Sugawara-san felt anxious about the match with Dateko?

I stood still , before turning to the sun , right above my head.I gulped as I covered my eyes from the sunlight with my slightly caloused hand.

"I got a bad feeling.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay..we'll win the second match too!" Shouyo clenched his fist to get fired up , but halted as a shadow loomed over him.

He turned to see the big guy with no eyebrows who threatened Asahi-san earlier.

I think I heard Mekkun calling him 'Aone'.

Finding himself being glared at , Shouyo hopped to Tanaka-san's front side , clinging on him in fear , while other Dateko players pass by.

"GO GO LET'S GO LET'S GO DATEKO!!" Dateko's supporters yelled louder as their admired players stepped in sight , and even kept cheering as Mekkun tried to give his kouhais instructions.

"DATEKO , FIGHT!!!"
"OSSUUU!!"
"START RUNNING!!!"

Shouyo felt goosebumps as he saw that , and Tanaka-san raised an eyebrow at his anxiety.