Chapter 34 : Official Highchooler

"Otsu~~"

Her mouth lifted apart within a centimeter , eyes looking at the floor intently.

She daydreams a lot in work.

She almost threw Shikuro's croissant in a client's ramen.

For no reason.

And now , she stood like a lifeless zombie with head swaying slightly and turquoise orbs staring blankly at the air.

Across her , Omeshiba-san sat on a stool , his wrinkled hand supported his chin.

"Izugami , you're pretty distracted today.Do you lack sleep? Because you look like you can collapse anytime soon," he pointed out pretty quickly , hoping that the 14 years old girl won't go home in this daze.

You don't want to imagine what could happen to her in her way home.

It's evening , almost night time.

The ramen house's closing.

"No.I just...have a lot to think about lately," Kairi rubbed her forehead , swiping her bangs aside in order to swat away the haunting scenarios in her head.

Her other hand gripped back on the broom , sweeping the floor nimbly.Her troubled face soon hid itself behind her turquoise locks.

"Well , good work for today , you've managed to take care the ramenhouse by just the two of you," Omeshiba-san clapped , trying to lighten up the atmosphere.

Poor Omeshiba-san.His nephew's having a very hard college life, so he's very less cheerful these days.And what's more , the 14 years old girl also had the same lifeless features.

Makki and Mattsun?

They asked for a day off because apparently today their team held an extra practice , remembering that although they won from Karasuno, they still lost from Shiratorizawa.

Damn...That Ushijima-san sure is a tough enemy..

"Hai," both Kairi and Shikuro exchanged glances , reciprocating to the old male.

Omeshiba-San sweatdropped.

Youngsters these days...

Suddenly he got reminded by something.

"Izugami," he stood up carefully , his body shook a little because of his fragile bones.He walked behind the counter , towards the door to his house."Tommorow's your official day starting as a highschooler , am I correct ?"

Kairi peered slightly from her shoulder.

"Ah....right."

"You literally forgot your own big day..??" Omeshiba-san choked in suprise."You're a pretty weak spirited one , aren't you,"

Kairi sighed.

"Okay , okay.Anyway , go home early.Tommorow's your big day , don't waste your time here," Omeshiba-san sincerely responded , and almost immediately , Kairi threw her broom to the side and seized her bag before pulling off her apron.

"Hai.Arigato , Oyasuminasai," she greeted one last time , before jogging with all her might to the train station.

She pulled her hood over her head, wishing that she hadn't got that kind of weird hair , or these weird coloured eyes.

She wouldn't have need to live like a criminal..

Osaki....Osaki..

The gate is closing now.