Chapter 1

Y/N's pov

All I ever wanted was a happy life in a happy family, but those demons ruined everything for me.

That morning I was gonna head down the mountain to the nearby town to collect supplies my mother asked me to buy for our future activities which are extending our house so it can be bigger.

I have 4 siblings and I'm the oldest, my mother is pregnant and soon she'll be giving birth that's why my dad suggested buying some supplies to extend the house.

I was the oldest so I'm the only one allowed to go down the mountain since I'm responsible enough.

I'm only 14 yet I'm working, my dad chops trees so we can sell them, I'm in charge of the selling part.

My dad gave me that money to buy the materials that well be using, my father and my little brother are gonna head out again to chop trees or get coal.

Walking for 5 hours down the mountain I finally reached the town.

"Hey Y/n are you here to sell? I really need coal" a shop owner asked as he saw me.

"Sorry I don't have supplies to sell today, my father and brother are getting some coal and logs today, so maybe tomorrow," I said giving him a smile.

"Oh, alright then, I'll wait for you tomorrow," he said smiling I just nodded and smile as a response.

I hurry up to the shop since it's already 3 in the afternoon and soon it will be dark, my parents always get worried if I come back home late.

After getting all the supplies I head back to the mountains again.

It was now 7 in the night I'm almost there at our house.

After another 1 hour walk, it was quiet, weird. It's always noisy at this time since my siblings are still playing.

"Weird.." I mutter, I went to the door since it was open, maybe they are eating.

My eyes widen at the sight I saw.

A monster! He's eating my little sister! I put my hand to my mouth not trying to make a noise, as I walk backward quietly. The house is so bloody!

Then the crowbar I was carrying in my little basket fell and the monster looks at me my eyes widen even more and I immediately ran but that monster catch up to me quickly, it's so fast!

He scratched my arm and I hissed in pain.

I grab the axe I was carrying and I put the handle on to its mouth as I try to push the monster, but it's too strong.

I fell and the monster is on top of me, the handle of the axe still on its mouth as I try pushing it, it's gonna eat me!

I can't get help since we are the ones in this mountain, I wanted to cry but I cry now my arms will get tired.

"GET OFF ME!!" I yelled at the monster as I tried pushing it the monster back.

"HELP ME!" I yelled even if it's useless since we are the only ones in this mountain.

'Please somebody help' beg inside my mind as I continued fighting, my arms are about to give, my arm is bleeding because of the monster, and I'm tired from going back up in the mountain.

I then heard two footsteps running towards us, is it another monster, I closed my eyes then when I opened my eyes the monster was not onto me, I look to the side two boys fighting the monster.

One boy has a pinkish hair and the other with black hair.

I watch them as they fight the monster with swords, who are they.

I stood up frozen in place, both of them slash the monsters head off and the monster started disappearing.

The boy with black hair ran to me.

"Are you okay?" he asked as he held my arm that was bleeding I nodded quietly, I then removed my arm away from the boy and I ran inside the house.

I saw my dad protecting my siblings and mother, but all of them are bloody, my sister that I saw getting eaten by that monster just got drag.

I quickly ran to them to see if any of them are warm or still have a pulse but none of them.

The last one I check was my little brother, I held onto his hand and I cried.

I heard the two boys walk up to me.

"We will help you bury them," the boy with black hair said I look at him with tears in my eyes before I went back on looking at my brother.

"Sorry...sorry," I said quietly looking at my brother, my tears not stopping.

Sunrise then came and the boy with black hair went to me again.

"I think it's time to bury them, sabito and I already dug up the graves," the boy with black hair said I nodded quietly.

"Sabito let's carry the mother and father first," the boy with black hair said.

"Let's go," sabito said, they then carry my mother and father out.

"I'm sorry" I whispered to my little brother again as I pick him up.

I walk outside carrying my little brother as sabito and the other boy put down my mother and father in the hole they dug up.

Back then I would carry my brother when his sleeping to his bed, now I'm carrying him to his forever bed, a tear then escape my eyes again, as I went to one of the holes and put down my brother in the hole gently.

Sabito and the other guy went and carry my three more siblings as they put then in the hole.

I stood beside my little brother, not saying anything.

The boy with black hair taps my shoulder.

"It's gonna be alright," he said giving me a smile.

"How?.....how am I gonna live now," I said quietly.

"We feel how you feel, we've been through that" sabito said and I look at him and the boy next to me.

"Giyuu let's bury the bodies," sabito said, so this guy with black hair, his name is giyuu.

Giyuu nodded and grab a shovel, I also grab one but sabito stopped me.

"we will take care of it, your hand is still bleeding," he said I just nodded as I lean back at the house as they burry the bodies.

After they bury the bodies we all prayed for them.

"Come with us, we will let Mr. Urokodaki treat your wounds," sabito said.

"n-no it's fine, I'll do it on my own," I said refusing.

"I already searched your house for any medicine or first aid but I found nothing" giyuu replied.

"come on now," sabito said grabbing my arm as he started walking.

"Sabito! You might scare her" giyuu said scolding sabito.

"oh sorry" sabito said letting go of my arm.

"it's fine...thanks for saving me and thanks for helping me burry my family's bodies," I said thank the two guys.

"It's our job, more like a future job," sabito said.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked.

"Were training to be a demon slayer" giyuu replied.

"Demon slayer?" I asked confused.

"That thing who killed your family is a demon," sabito said.

"Oh..i really didn't think they actually exist," I said.

"well now you know," sabito said as we continued walking.