Chapter 9

Y/n's pov

After getting ready I quickly ran outside.

"Y/n-chan when are you gonna come back?" zenitsu asked, I smiled at him.

"When my mission is done," I said giving him a pat on the head.

"Caw! Go!" the crow said.

"I'll go now!" I said to gramps and zenitsu, kaigaku is nowhere to be found, he doesn't care anyway.

"Stay safe," gramps said.

"Come back after!" zenitsu said.

"I will, Bye!" I said as I ran to northeast, the crow followed me.

I arrived there after running for 3 hours straight, I took deep breaths and lean to a wall.

"What am looking for again?" I asked my crow.

"A boy was reported to be missing, find the demon, caw!" the crow answered.

"We have to wait for night time, Caw!" the crow continues.

"then why did you call me!? We have to wait another 3 hours!" I said frustrated.

"Cause you're a slow runner" The crow answered me.

"You're rude!" I said rolling my eyes.

"Can you tell me more about this mission?" I asked the crow again.

"Apparently the boy was hanging out with his friends yesterday, then then the boy disappeared, caw!" the crow responded.

"Okay, let's go find those friends you mentioned," I said as I started walking, the crow flew somewhere, did that rude crow just leave me here?

I let out a heavy sigh.

"Look those boys were there when taro disappeared" I heard as I was walking around, I stopped and looked where they were looking, I saw two boys that were walking while looking down.

"Um excuse me!" I yelled at the boys, they looked at me, they looked like they haven't slept yet.

I ran up to them.

"Can I talked to you guys for a moment?" I asked the three.

"What is it?" they asked.

"Um...i was wondering if we could talk about what happened yesterday night," I said.

"What is it?" the taller one asked.

"I wanna know, where were you guys when he disappeared," I asked them.

"You probably won't believe us," the shorter one said.

"I believe you," I said, they just nodded.

They showed me where the boy named taro dissapeard.

"Why would you believe us?" the taller boy asked.

"Well it's my mission," I said as I look around.

I then kneel down as I sniff the floor, I quickly smelled the smell of a demon.

"Um..are you okay?" the boy in the middle asked, the one who hasn't talk yet.

"I smell it!" I said as I followed the smell.

It's turning dark now since I've been looking for the scent for 3 hours now, the demon is active since the scent will suddenly stop.

"It's here," I said as I ran to the forest.

I heard humming, the boys followed me.

"Stay here!" I whispered as I hid behind a tree, I peek if anyone was there, I saw a lady brushing the hair of a boy as other kids were sleeping beside the lady.

"Don't make any noises" I said to the three.

"I'm gonna go, you guy stay here and be quiet," I said, the three nodded and I quietly ran to the other side.

The humming didn't stop, I hid in another tree, I peek and the demon still didn't saw me nor feel my presence.

I slowly made my way to the demon, I made it to her back, I was gonna chop off her head but, her hair suddenly hit me, it knocked me backward and I hit a tree.

I groaned in pain.

The lady stood up and looked at me.

"Do you really think I won't notice you?" she asked as she followed it with a demonic laugh, I got up and went to my fighting position.

"Thunder breathing Fourth Form, Distant Thunder!" I used the fourth form, this form can let me hit ranged strikes to my target.

(Fourth Form: Distant Thunder The user releases multiple ranged strikes towards a target.)

Her hair got cut off, her hair can extend to grab any target she wants.

"Thunder breathing Sixth Form, Rumble, and Flash!" I quickly cut off the hairs that are coming at me.

(Sixth form rumble and flash: A series of strong ranged attacks released around the user )

I quickly dashed towards the demon trying to cut her head, but she suddenly wrapped her hair to my wrist that's gripping my sword.

My sword fell as I felt the hair tightening around my wrist.

The demon laughed.

I stepped on my sword as I saw her hair trying to get my sword I quickly grab my sword with my free hand and cut off the hair that is gripping my other hand.

"You're smart," she said.

"Unlike you," I said as I looked at her dead in the eye.

"Thunder breathing six-fold, thunderclap and flash" I quickly moved, I hate playing games with her.

I quickly cut off her hair and her head fallen to the ground, the kids I was with got out of their hiding spot.

"Y-you killed someone!" the shorter one said.

"They are demons, they are supposed to get killed," I said coldly looking at the demon who's slowly disappearing as I put my sword back to its case.

I hate demons especially what they did to my parents, I hate them, people cry and fell into despair because of them, if only humans and demons can get along together, but, it won't happen if they won't stop eating a human.

"Get your friend," I said.

They quickly went up to one of the kids, the demon hasn't eaten anyone yet since they all are still alive.

"I'm gonna go now, call the parents of these kids," I said to the three.

"ok! Thank you!" they said I nodded as I ran back to gramps house.