Chapter 3

Y/n's pov

I then opened the door, the room is still bloody, I have to clean it up.

I grab my supplies to clean up.

Hours of cleaning up the house looks good as new, a tear shed from my eyes seeing no one is around me.

I dropped the mop and it fell in the ground, I covered my face as I kept on crying.

"I'll miss you all, I hope you guys are in a good place," I said, I wiped my tears and smiled, thinking my family is in a better place.

"It's so unfair for you guys to leave me," I said as I look at the family picture in the wall in front of me.

"I'll promise to live strong," I said as a small sad smile appeared from my lips.

"Let's put these away y/n," I told myself as I picked up the mop I drop earlier, I put away all the cleaning things.

I then made myself some food.

It's now night, I closed my window and door to be safe, I already finished my dinner.

Giyuu's pov

I took a break from training, it's now night, will y/n be okay on her own? What if another demon attacks her?

"Yow! What are you thinking about?" sabito asked me as he leans to the rock that we will have to cut so we can go to the final selection.

"Nothing" I answered looking at the sky.

"Ey! Thinking for y/n right? You're in love, the way you talk about her when you got back from your walk is obvious" sabito said teasing me.

"Shut up!" I said he just giggled.

"Wanna go to her house and check up on her?" he asked, my eyes looked at him.

"See? You're interested in her" sabito said teasing me again, I rolled my eyes.

"Let's go and see your future woman," he said as he pats my back, I stood up.

"Stop acting like you don't wanna go!" he said as we headed our way to her house.

Y/n's pov

I was preparing my futon when I heard a knock on my door, I froze, is it a demon?

I grab something to protect me and I opened the door slowly, I then saw giyuu and sabito.

"Hey, we just wanna check up on you," giyuu said I opened the door.

"Oh!" I said.

"Why are you holding an axe?" sabito asked.

"I thought a demon was knocking on my door, so for protection," I said as I gave them a smile.

I put the axe down to the side of the door.

"Come in! I'll prepare some meal" I said as I turned around.

"No need, we just wanted to check up on you," giyuu said I look back at them.

"Only you do" sabito responded go giyuu.

"Stop it!" giyuu mumbled to sabito.

"Thanks for checking up on me giyuu," I said smiling at him, he smiled back. His smile is sweet and kind, my heart is melting.

"you're welcome, well, I see you're safe, then we are gonna get going," giyuu said.

"Okay then, stay safe you two," I said giving them a smile.

"Keep that axe next to your side" sabito suggested.

"I will," I said giggling.

"Bye, good night" giyuu said.

"Good night," I said smiling as they started walking back, I smiled to myself and closed the door.

I lean to the door and closed my eyes.

"Why is he...so nice to me?" I asked myself as I opened my eyes.

"My heart...can't stop pounding," I said again.

"What is this feeling? Why is he so nice to me?" I asked myself.

All my questions got answered.

Everyday giyuu and sometimes sabito will come to my house to check up on me.

I went to where they are training to drop off food.

I got close to both boys, but I'm much closer to giyuu.

Giyuu was there for me always.

Then one day he asked if he can court me and of course I let him, why not? I have feelings for him.

I'm now 16 while giyuu is 17.

Sabito would always tease us two since we have feelings for each other.

I was watching them tried cutting the big rock.

"You can do it giyuu!" I cheered for him he smiled at me.

He then swung his sword to the rock and it got cut, my jaw drops, and I smiled.

"I did it!" giyuu said happily.

"You did it!" I said smiling, he went to me.

"I did it y/n! I'm gonna be a demon slayer!" he said happily.

Sabito already cut the other rock 2 days earlier than giyuu, that's why I'm cheering him more today since he felt down when he didn't cut the rock 2 days ago.

He hugs me and I hug him back.

"Congratulations!" I said hugging him back.

"Nice job giyuu!" sabito said at giyuu, he smiled at sabito, mr.urokodaki then went towards us.

"Nice job you two, tomorrow you'll be attending the final selection," mr.urokodaki said to the two boys, they both look so happy.

Then tomorrow came, I met up with giyuu before going to final selection.

"Do your best!" I said to giyuu he smiled at me.

"I'll do it," he said smiling.

"After you come back, I will tell you something, so meet me after okay?" I said, he holds my hand and smiled.

"I'll be looking forward to that," he said smiling.

"Let's go giyuu," sabito said.

"I'll go now," giyuu said and I nodded.

He went to sabito and they started walking.

"Bye! Stay safe you two!" I yelled they waved back to me and mr.urokodaki that is next to me.

I knew they are going to a dangerous battle, I hope those two can get back safe.