Chapter 8

Y/n's pov

I let my head down closing my eyes, I wanted to fall but I stayed up, forcing myself.

The two girls appeared, they were the same girls that explained the rules to us on day 1.

"Congratulations, you passed the test, before you can pick the one that will go with your sword we will explain the ranks," they said.

"Mizunoto  Mizunoe  Kanoto  Kanoe  Tsuchinoto  Tsuchinoe  Hinoto Hinoe  Kinoto  Kinoe," they said switching turns.

"Right now your rank is, mizunoto, the lowest rank," they said explained.

"We will now give your personal crow," they said, crows then came down at us, my crow went to my shoulder.

"You may now pick your ore," they said as they revealed the thing that was under a white fabric, all of us went closer to the ores.

"They all look the same" one of them complained.

"How are we gonna pick?" another said, I look around them before turning to the ores.

I scanned all the stones with my eyes, then I picked one, I picked one that is on the center, somehow I was attracted to it, even tho the stones/ores look the same.

"What already?" I heard one of the people say, I gave the ore that I picked to the girls and they held it.

After it ended someone helped us who was injured, they are called kakushi.

They are part of the demon slayer corps, but they are the people who clean up after a battle.

After they helped me I was free to go, I have to wait 15 days for my sword to get made.

I walked back to gramps house, I made it after sunset, I could have made it a little bit earlier but I broke my ankle and an arm that I didn't even notice.

I knocked on the door and I could hear zenitsu saying 'Wait a minute!'

Hearing his voice made me smile, the person I see as a little brother, I'm gonna see him again after 7 days.

The door opened revealing, zenitsu, his eyes widen and he hugged me and started crying.

"Y/N-CHAN! I WAS WAITING FOR YOU!!" he said crying while hugging me, I smiled and hug him back with one arm since I broke an arm after I fell when that morphed demon dropped me.

"Thanks for waiting.." I said quietly smiling, gramps then came out the door and he smiled at me.

He joined the hug.

"Another one of my students made it," he said I smiled, kaikagu didn't join us, I just heard him saying 'Tsk' before going back inside.

"Let's go inside," gramps said I nodded and the three of us went inside.

I sat down slowly to the floor while zenitsu helped me.

"I'm gonna prepare a lot of food, we are gonna celebrate," gramps said zenitsu jumped in happiness.

"You don't have to gramps," I said smiling at him.

"It needs to be celebrated," he said smiling as he went to the kitchen.

"Y/n-chan" I heard zenitsu say, I turned to face him.

"Hmm?" I hummed in response.

"Why are you so beaten up?" he asked.

"DID DEMONS TRIED TO KILL YOU?!" He asked yelling I giggled.

"Of course, it's part of the training silly!" I said.

"I broke my ankle from running while my arm broke after I fell," I said pointing at my broken arm.

"Don't worry I'm fine!" I said smiling at him, he smiled at me.

"Did you kill demons?" he asked again, I smiled at him.

"Yes! I killed demons" I said smiling.

"WHA!! Y/N-CHAN! YOU KILLED DEMONS!? AREN'T THEY SCARY!!? YOUR SO STRONG!!" Zenitsu said yelling again, this boy really has high hopes for me.

"Shut it already," kaikagu said annoyed, this boy has issues!

"Now, now! Stop fighting, The food is done!" gramps said as he put a tray of food in front of us.

"Wha!! Gramps thank you!" I said smiling, gramps smiled.

"You deserve it," he said.

"Thanks for the food!" we said to gramps as we started eating.

(15 days later)

"YAH! ZENITSU STOP HIDING IN THE TREE!" I said trying to get him down the tree, he ran again while training.

"I FEEL LIKE I'M GONNA DIE!!" he said yelling, I let out a heavy sigh.

We then heard a ringing sound, I saw someone coming up to us, I couldn't see their face since it was covered by the hat he's wearing.

"Y/N-CHAN!!! A MONSTER!!" He said pointing at the person coming to us.

"Shut it zenitsu! Get down" I said he slowly went down from the tree and hid behind me.

"who's Y/n l/n?" he asked us, I still couldn't see the person's face.

"That's me," I said giving him a smile, he then looked and he was wearing a red mask. Similar to mr.urokodaki's.

I flinched since I wasn't expecting it.

"YA!!!!!!!!" zenitsu said scared as he pulled the haori that he gave me, I almost fell but I manage to find my balance quickly.

"A MONSTER!! Y/N-CHAN! SAVE ME!!" he said.

"Shh! That's not a nice thing to say to a visitor zenitsu!" I said teaching zenitsu some manners.

"Come inside," I said to the person I was gonna walk away but the person stopped me.

"Your sword," he said.

"Oh! Your the man who's gonna deliver my sword" I said smiling.

"Please come ins-" I got cut off again.

"This sword is made from the stone you picked," he said giving me something that is wrapped in black fabric, I would guess it's my sword.

I grab it.

"Open it! It's the color-changing sword" he said, I took off the fabric and saw the sword, but it's in its case.

I pull out my sword from its case and it started changing colors.

it turned into an ash purple color.

"Wa!!! I was expecting a nice green or blue!!" the swordsmith said yelling at me.

"It's your fault!" he said poking my head over and over again.

"AAAAAAAAA Y/N CHAN IS GETTING HURT!!" zenitsu said yelling.

"Caw! Caw! Mission! Mission!" I heard from the sky, I look up and saw a crow.

"THE CROW IS TALKING!!!!" Zenitsu screamed again, gramps walked outside with kaigaku.

"Caw! Northeast! Mission! Caw!" The crow said as it landed on my shoulder.

"now?" I asked my crow.

"Yes! Caw!" the crow responded, I let out a heavy sigh.

"I'll get ready," I said as I turned to the swordsmith.

"thank you for the sword," I said bowing as I hurry inside the house to get ready.