Chapter 17

Have you ever just smiled like an idiot?

I mean like pure idiot smiling. You've got a fat grin on your face and sometimes you'll giggle to yourself making you look like a crazy person.

I found myself to be doing that a lot lately. It had been about two weeks since Taehyung and I started dating and let me just say, I was acting like a high schooler who got asked out by their crush.

Obviously since we were adults, our visiting hours were more limited, especially since he had the kids and we weren't ready to deal with that yet. But we talked on the phone everyday, on the hotline to be specific since it was significant. I literally reserved a time slot in my schedule where no one could call the line simply because I was talking to Taehyung.

It was freeing to feel so happy.

I felt someone nudge my shoulder.

"Okay, I wasn't going to say anything, but you've been grinning like a weirdo for the past two weeks and I want to know what's up," Hana poked me.

I chortled, "You wouldn't believe me."

"I don't think it matters. I don't think I've seen you this genuinely happy in forever," she said.

I huffed, "Considering we've known each other for a whole year, it makes sense. Anyway, I am happy. Very happy. Ecstatic. Full of joy. Glee is radiating off of my body."

She put a hand up, "You're scaring me."

I stuck my tongue out at her, "You're no fun. But if you must know, I've officially moved on."

Her eyes widened, "Shut up seriously?"

I grinned, "Very much so. Two weeks ago. Kim Taehyung."

Her eyes narrowed, "Jiyeon..."

"Hana trust me. He's a big sweetheart," I defended.

"I know. I'm proud of you for that. I just don't want you to get hurt again," she said.

"Hana, you've always encouraged me to try and put myself out there again. That's what I'm doing. I understand your worry, but I promise I won't let it get to that again," I said.

Hana back-hugged me, "So based on the stupid grin, I'm assuming you're about to head out to go see him."

I found myself smiling, "Yeah."

Hana laughed, "You're so whipped oh my god."

I hugged her tightly, "I am and it's one of the best feelings I've felt in a while."

"I'm glad. But I'm going to meet him soon because I've got some things I have to say to him," she warned.

I rolled my eyes, "Yes mom. Okay I'm off. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Have fun~" she mused.

I grabbed my coat and headed out, hailing a cab to take me to Taehyung's office.

The whole concept of our new relationship made my head spin with good and bad anticipation. I really really really liked Taehyung. I think that's pretty evident. But the only example of a relationship I have is my previous one, and for obvious reasons, I'm terrified. Taehyung wouldn't ever hurt me like that, but it's hard to remember that when the only association you have is your abusive past.

I arrived at Taehyung's office at around six-thirty. I thanked and paid the cab driver before getting out and marveling at the luxurious looking building.

"Damn Jimin."

I stumbled into the building, asking the receptionist lady for directions to Taehyung's office.