Chapter 39

Another time Skip. How are we at the end I'm squealing? Also I just wanna like question the universe Bc this book reached #2 in the kth tag and idek who to thank but thank you everyone. Thanks to the universe. I love you all. Happy reading 📖
_________________________________

3 Months Later

"Hello. This is the rejection hotline. If you were given this number, it means that the person you received this from is not interested in you whatsoever and got so fed up that they gave you my number instead of rejecting you. May I ask where you got this number so I can help you understand why you got rejected?"

"No way. Are you serious?"

I laughed, "Yep! You're on the Miss Rejection and Music Man Show on seventy-four point two FM."

"Damn okay. I've heard a lot about you but I never thought that hottie would be bold enough to give me your number."

"Believe it. Now what happened that you were referred to me?"

"Well I met this girl at a party yesterday and we hit it off really well. We even had a bit of seven minutes in heaven if you know what I'm saying. I'm surprised."

I wondered if our listeners were hearing this and laughing as if the answer was obvious. I glanced over at Taehyung who seemed to be loving the caller's apprehension.

"Well, I think that might be the problem. Sometimes parties aren't the best situation to pick up potential partners. Or even second rounders. Especially with the presence of alcohol, parties are usually established as a meet-and-go type environment. Maybe you two connected really well that evening, but just because you did doesn't mean you will again."

"I guess. But I don't understand because she told me she wanted to see me again."

"More often than not, the phrase is a defense mechanism. Sometimes unconsciously and sometimes on purpose. They say that so that they can avoid being harassed and it provides them a quick escape. Slipping my number in provides an extra layer of protection. You shouldn't be discouraged by what she said, but if you're truly looking for a settled relationship, then try connecting with someone. Maybe you meet them at a party, but instead of rushing to the fun part of it, take the time to get to know them. It's attractive to know that someone cares."

"Wow, okay. Thanks Miss Rejection!"

"Of course! And you listeners might be just like this gentleman here too if you ever get slipped my number. But don't forget, every hour on the hour, tune in for our special call-ins about spicy relationship scenarios. The twentieth caller will be selected and can tell us of their vices in love. But right now, I think it's time for a bit of 'I'm in love~' don't you think? Here's a song by a hot new K-Pop group on the rise stealing the hearts of fans and casual listeners alike, it's 'Inception' by ATEEZ."

I turned off the mic and slipped off my headphones and turned to Taehyung who was grinning at me.

The two of left the speaker's booth while the song was playing to go hang out with the kids who were hanging out in the office part of our station.

"Ooh I love this song!" Kangmin hummed.

I ruffled his hair, pulling him onto my lap and watching as he played with his toys.

Taehyung and I's radio career had surprisingly taken off without a hitch. Because of the hotline's former popularity many tuned in for it. And we were happy to know many stayed for the charismatic take on music that was the music man himself Kim Taehyung. The two of us decided to go under stage names to protect our privacy.