Chapter 2

My thoughts were bothering me all day during work. That coupled with the foul feeling of my insides made for quite a miserable day.

But it was the end of the day which meant I could go home, flop onto my bed and pass out after feeding myself and the precious soul growing inside of me.

But first, I needed to clock out with the CEO.

Of the seven gems, I worked for CEO Kim Taehyung. The laid back gem who was responsible for creating more than half of the hotels around Korea. They were under his brand, Kim Hotelier Branch.

I happened to work in the hotel that CEO Kim's office resided in, so the employees usually reported to him instead of a supervisor.

And as I mentioned, he was the kindest of the business moguls. He and I had even struck up a friendship of sorts.

"Ah Manager Kwon. What can I do for you?" He asked while hurriedly scribbling on some documents.

"I'm just here to clock out sir," I bowed.

He glanced at his watch, "You're leaving earlier everyday. Are you feeling alright? I mean the other day, you took your first day off since you started working here. I mean you've literally worked here for seven years without a single vacation day."

I bowed again, "I'm sorry sir. I was feeling unbelievably sick the other day so I'm trying to take it easy."

He nodded, "Of course. It's a good thing. Before you go, can you sign off on some of these?"

He slid some documents over to me and handed me a pen. Since I was the Head General Manager, usually my signature was required on most things as well as CEO Kim's.

I quickly signed off on everything before bowing one last time and turning to take my leave.

I stopped in my tracks as I remembered what my mother and sister had advised. I'm sure Taehyung had Kim Seokjin's number. They were close friends after all.

But, me asking for his number might be rather shocking. Everyone, even his friends, knew what Kim Seokjin was like. No one would just ask for his number. And I quite frankly, didn't want to give the reason just yet in case Taehyung forced me to chill out with my work.

"Sir, can I ask you a favor?"

Taehyung cocked an eyebrow, "Manager Kwon, you do know who I am right?"

I grinned, "You're one of the seven gems, sir. But my request pertains to them. One of you. It's really important to me."

He cracked his knuckles, scanning me up and down. Even though he was a lot kinder than the other six, it was still easy to get intimidated by his intense stare.

Every moment I was alone with him, it was like my every moment was being evaluated. So thank god for being one of his favorites anyway.

"What can I help you with?" He asked.

My eyes darted around the room as I began to question my life decisions. Did I have to do this? If Kim Seokjin didn't know, it wouldn't be a big deal, right?

I sighed, "I need one of their phone numbers."

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "Manager Kwon, I don't know what happened between you and one of them, but they only do casual meet ups. One night stands if you will."

My eyes widened in shock, "No, oh my god I didn't hook up with any of them. Look sir, I need CEO Kim Seokjin's number. It's really important."

His eyes analyzed me like I was some sort of business report. The shock in his expression was evident as he tried to render every word I said.