Chapter 31

She was gonna be what?

I looked at Seokjin's fuming figure in shock. He had predetermined this, and was getting all mad because I didn't know?

I was a tolerant person, but if there was one thing I couldn't stand, it's when someone threw an adult tantrum.

"Excuse me?" I cocked an unfriendly eyebrow.

He rolled his eyes, "As if you didn't know. This is how the business world works."

I scoffed, "Again you've gone back on that 'business only' attitude? I thought we worked through this months ago."

"Yubin, everything I do relates to my job. This included," he harshly stated.

"Really? And what ever happened to separating your personal and work life?" I questioned.

"You can't seriously be fighting me on this!" He threw his arms up exasperatedly.

I was in utter disbelief.

"Of course I'm going to fight you on it! You're taking the future of our child's life and micromanaging it!" I furiously fired back.

I was all for compromises. And I was more than willing to agree to listen to him tell me why he wanted that, but he kept instigating shouting matches. I was a pregnant woman who's dealt her whole life with people who tried to get in my way. I pushed back if someone pushed me.

"What does it matter?! The whole point of her being my child was for the business!" He shouted.

"Oh really?! So nothing else mattered to you?! Was this whole thing just to get an heir for your stupid company?!" I spat back in rage.

That seemed to momentarily catch him off guard.

"Of course not. I'm doing this to protect her, why can nobody see that?!" He huffed.

"I don't know what you're trying to protect, but it's certainly not our daughter. What happened to having dreams? And childhood innocence?!" I argued.

He rolled his eyes, "If I could survive without it then so could she!"

"I know you're not trying to inflict your damaged childhood on our daughter," I huffed.

He seethed, "And you aren't?! All I'm doing is protecting her. If you let her go on some silly little dream tangent, she'll get hurt. I've lived this disciplined and perfect life and look where it got me."

I couldn't believe my ears, "Look Seokjin, I don't know if it's because you're angry but you sound insane. Are you even listening to yourself?"

"Everything I'm saying is valid and you know it."

"I REALLY DON'T! See this is the exact thing that pisses me off about you! You've been like this since we first met, and I thought maybe it was loosening up but I was clearly wrong!" I yelled.

"Oh please! Do enlighten me!" He chided

"Gladly! Since I've stepped foot in this house, you've constantly micromanaged me! I mean hell, you gave me a set of rules in the beginning so you could maintain said discipline! I was pregnant for god's sake, what person just drags a stranger out of work and says that they'll live with them for a certain amount of time?! But when you started easing up, I swear I saw something switch in you. But there were always those side remarks that I noticed. I noticed them alright. They may have been jokes, but maybe they make sense. Telling me that Suyeon had to come out as perfect as you? You're trying to micromanage her too, and she's not even here yet! You're so damn obsessed with everything going your way and keeping up this perfect farce that you lose sight of what's right in front of you!" I denounced angrily.