Chapter 11

I woke up to the incessant ringing of my cellphone.

I fumbled around to grab it from my nightstand and put it to my ear.

"Hello?" I answered groggily.

"Holy crap Yubin are you okay?!"

I flinched at my sister's panicked screaming, slightly moving the phone away from my ear.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I groaned.

"Wait...have you not seen it or are you doing that thing where you pretend you're okay when you're really not?"

I rolled my eyes, "Wow thanks. And no, I haven't seen anything. Am I supposed to? Did something happen to dad?"

In the background, I heard what sounded like my mom cursing out the world with my name and Seokjin's name thrown in there once in awhile.

"Ignore her. Nothing is wrong. Everything is okay. Okay gotta go bye~"

Before I could stop her, Eunbi hung up the call, leaving me in utter confusion.

She seemed distraught about something and she clearly didn't want me to see or hear about it whatever it was.

I rolled out of bed and went to the bathroom for my routinely pee as well as got ready to start my day.

Though my curiosity was killing me.

Since it the weekend, I was going to be home anyway, but Seokjin told me had some really important work business to attend to, so I was pretty much going to be on my own.

I made myself some breakfast and ate it quietly, enjoying the serene silence that came from the late morning.

My phone was lighting up with text messages from quite a few people, all of which were along the lines of asking if I was okay.

Hell, I even got texts from the 'gems.' All of them, minus Seokjin.

So, I decided to call the one person who was always in the know about gossip and wouldn't keep it a secret.

"Lee Luna!" I hummed.

"Oh. Hey Yubin."

I frowned, "Are you okay? You don't sound as peppy as usual."

"I'm fine. Everything is fine. Everything is great isn't it? It's a beautiful day! The birds are singing and the sun is shining! It's a perfect day to not look  at a phone don't you think."

"Luna...something is going on and you're not telling me. Nobody is. Everyone is just asking me if I'm okay and then when I say I'm fine, they respond cryptically saying that I should be and that I shouldn't look at the news. I'm not an idiot Luna. I know when people are hiding things from me. But I'm too pregnant to deal with everyone being so shifty."

"Yubin, nothing is going on I swear."

"No, Luna. You don't get to rant about not being on the phone and then pretend like it's nothing."

"I'm at work Yubin, I should go."

"Lee Luna, I know damn well you use your phone when we work. Tell me," I huffed.

"Yubin—"

"Don't anger a pregnant lady Luna. Just tell me."