Chapter 26

"W-what?" My voice shook as I tried to process Eunbi's frantic words.

"Unnie please! Hurry, oh god I don't know what to do."

My heart was in my stomach and there was a massive lump in my throat preventing me from speaking.

My precious father.

I felt the protective side of me come out again as I thought about how terrified my younger sister must've been. In that moment my own fear coupled with the concern for my mother and sister was practically drowning me.

I swallowed hard, "Y-yeah, send me the address. I-I'll be there soon."

I quickly hung up the phone, and practically let it fall out of my hands onto the cold, hard floor.

I began shaking uncontrollably and I felt like the wind had been knocked out of me.

I gripped one of the leather chairs and put my hand on my chest to stop myself from hyperventilating.

Seokjin was right at my side trying to calm me down.

"Baby, what happened? Come on talk to me," he asked worriedly, grabbing my arm and giving it a reassuring squeeze.

I could barely formulate any words because of how the giant lump in my throat was literally blocking out words and air from escaping me.

Seokjin rubbed my back comfortingly trying to help me breathe and get my bearings again.

"M-my d-dad," I stammered, choking back a very loud sob.

Seokjin's expression fell as he clearly understood what that meant.

Without another word, he pulled me in close and wrapped me in a tight hug before swiftly leading me out of the board room.

He briskly walked with me in my arms probably out of the hotel. I couldn't really see but I could almost feel the curious and shocked gazes of my coworkers and other staff of the other CEOs watching the scene in front of them unfold.

There was no denying it was me because my pregnant belly was a dead giveaway to my identity.

But I could honestly care less in that moment. I just wanted to get out of there and get to my dad as soon as possible.

We met Driver Son outside where Seokjin urgently gave him the address of the hospital that Eunbi had sent me.

Seokjin got me in the car quickly and told Driver Son to step on it while still holding me tightly.

I buried my face into his chest, hiccuping as I tried to remain calm.

But I couldn't deny the overwhelming worry and paranoid inside of me as my mind annoyingly drifted to the "what ifs."

I wanted to scream and cry and let every single angry and bitter emotion out, but again I felt myself holding back for the sake of my mother and sister who would both need someone emotionally stable to be with them.

"You promised everything would be alright, right?" I asked Seokjin.

He gulped, giving me a nervous smile.

"Of course I did baby," he murmured.

I nuzzled my face into the crook of his neck, "I trust you Jinnie. I always have and I always will."

Seokjin POV

I'm such a liar.

I'm such a worthless, useless, liar.

My mind drifted back to the conversation I had with Yubin's mother that one day where she seemed just totally hopeless and knew that when something happened that it would be the end.