Chapter 8

Mega long chapter
_________________________________

I did a tiny twirl in the mirror to make sure I looked absolutely perfect for work today. It was one thing looking sharp on a normal day, but walking in beside CEO Kim Seokjin was a much different experience with a whole different set of rules.

I flattened out my skirt and fixed the collar of my shirt before starting on my hair. I didn't need to do something too extravagant but I did need to style it a bit more than my usual ponytail.

So I took my time and made a braided bun to complete my 'gem' worthy attire.

When I got out to the living room, Seokjin was busy looking at his phone while jotting down some notes.

Jeez was there ever a time where he wasn't working?

Though I admit, seeing him in glasses and a suit while he agitatedly tapped his foot was quite a sight. He was undoubtedly quite a looker. It was intimidating how crisply handsome he was. It seemed like even his face was perfectly planned.

The man had no bad profile and that was just the truth. All sides were his good side. It was like getting a different angle of the same thing to amplify its perfection.

He stifled a laugh, "It's rude to stare Miss Kwon. Even if you are in the right. My looks are quite irresistible. With such an attractive person in front of you, it's hard not to look."

I felt my face burn and I tucked my chin into my chest to hide the embarrassed blush that had spread across my face.

Seokjin finally looked up from his work and took a glance at me. I swear my heart almost gave out of me.

The minute his eyes landed on me, there was a change in his gaze. I couldn't put my finger on it, but it was definitely impacting me. God how was he so perfect? His plump lips were slightly parted which only seemed to define his jawline even more. His hair had been neatly styled but even so, there was just a hint of boyish mischief behind it and it was doing wonders to me.

God what was happening to me? I was not about to fall for his spell.

I caught the way he licked his lips before quickly averting his eyes away from me to his work.

"Shall we go?" I asked, trying to shift gears so we didn't have to think about the awkward encounter.

He cleared his throat, "Right. Yes, we should. Driver Son should be outside. He informed me that there were no press nearby so we should be in the clear to go."

I hummed, "So you'll pick me up at around one and we'll go to the doctor."

Seokjin nodded, "That's correct. I've already informed CEO Kim so don't worry about it. Just take it easy."

I smiled, "Yeah thanks. I guess we should head out now."

I awkwardly fixed my earrings while Seokjin slowly got up and packed his work bag.

When we walked out, I let him walk slightly ahead of me. It was something I had gotten accustomed to with Taehyung as well. Since they were CEOs and oh so important, I might've accidentally hurt their pride if I casually walked in front.

So I sauntered behind him, timidly walking behind Seokjin who was striding confidently to the car. My heels clacked against the long marble pathway, filling the otherwise silent atmosphere.