12. The Big Day starts

The palace was filled with busy people. The guests started arriving. Yudhister and Duryodhan were standing in the entrance welcoming everyone.

"Yudhister did you see Mithra Karn? Where is he?", Duryodhan nudged Yudhister.

"I do not know", Yudhister muttered back, "Shall I send guards to get him?", he asked.

Duryodhan thought for a second. "You know what? I know exactly where to find him. I'll go meet him. Can you cover for me?", Duryodhan asked.

"But Gandharraj Shakuni is about to arrive. He will expect you to welcome him", Yudhister said.

"Don't worry, I will handle mamashri later. Just cover for me. See you later", with that Duryodhan hurried away to find his best friend.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karn was leaning against a pillar and was looking at the busy workers but his mind was distant.

"There you are", Duryodhan said standing shoulder to shoulder with Karn.

"What are you doing here?", Karn asked, "You are supposed to be assisting Prince Yudhister in welcoming the guests"

"Yeah so should you. Why are you standing here looking distant?", Duryodhan asked.

"No! I am supervising them. I am busy", Karn said. Duryodhan stood facing Karn and just raised his eyebrows. They had a staring contest.

"Okay fine. I didn't want to come", Karn said.

"Really Mithr? You don't have to think too much. Just come with me", Duryodhan said pulling Karn with him.

"No Mithr STOP", Karn said not taking a single step ahead, "I want this feast to go smoothly. I don't want any misunderstandings or fights. You know if I come to welcome the guests, they will not like it. You know the reason too. So let me be"

"Mithr", Duryodhan's voice softened, "If anyone is gonna talk ill about you, they will become prey to my Gadha. So please stop overthinking and come with me", he said.

"That's what I am scared off. I don't want you to loose your cool and do something stupid", Karn said.

Before Duryodhan could say anything, a guard entered, "Prince Duryodhan, Gandharraj has arrived and is asking for your presence", he said.

"Go I will be fine", Karn said. Duryodhan nodded sadly and left.

Another guard entered in a hurry, "Angaraj Karn! Prince Bheem is asking for your presence in the Kitchen as soon as possible", he said. Karn nodded and ran to the kitchen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the kitchen Bheem was pacing back and forth.

"Bhrata please! Stop pacing", said an annoyed Arjun.

"What the hell?", they heard an exasperated voice from the entrance.

"Haha Come in Angaraj" Nakul said.

"Prince Bheem. Why is the food not ready?", Karn asked.

"Shsh! I am waiting for everybody", Bheem said and started pacing again. Sahadev came rushing in along with Yudhister.

Karn was shocked. "What are you guys doing here?", he asked.

"Mahamanthri Vidhur threw me out of the guest chambers", Sahadev complained.

Karn was confused and looked at Yudhister for explanation. "Pitamah told me to go to the Kitchen as soon as possible. I don't know why", Yudhister said.

"Did you guys really forget that we have to cook today?", Bheem asked.

Karn facepalmed himself.

"Oh God", groaned Yudhister.

"So shall we get to business boys", Bheem beamed.

"Duryodhan?", Nakul asked.

"Will join soon. Let's start", Bheem said and they started cooking with Bheem shouting orders at everyone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Duryodhan was happily chatting with Shakuni along with Dushashen.

"No way.. Really?", Duryodhan asked.

"Yes mere bacho", Shakuni said and they all laughed.

A guard entered, "Prince Duryodhan! Prince Bheem asked for your presence in the kitchen as soon as possible", he said.

"Arreyy yaar. What did he do?", Duryodhan muttered. "Ok I will be there in a minute", he informed the guard.

"What is the matter?", Shakuni asked.

"Oh my God! I can't believe I forgot", Duryodhan facepalmed, "I have to go now Mama", he said.

"Whaaatt?", Shakuni asked.

"Yeah I am sorry. Dushasen will be with you"

"Wait where are you going?"

"To the kitchen mama. Bheem and others are waiting for me. Bye!", with that he hurried away.

'I was absent for a few days and now a lot has changed. What happened?', Shakuni thought. "Putr Duryodhan! So tell me what happened in my absence?", Shakuni asked. Dushasen narrated everything including the punishment.

'So they are about to become friends. How can I let that happen? I should have known better before leaving. Now I am not going to let that happen no matter what. Watch out Hastinapur, My game begins', Shakuni thought to himself and let his evil brain spin gears to come up with a plan.

-------------------Please read the NOTE below fully-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: Yo!! There goes a simple chapter 12. Yaayyyy!! They are gonna cook together. And here comes the most awaited entry - Shakuni Mamashri. What is he planing to do? Stay tuned to find out. Feel free to comment your thoughts on this chapter and dont forget to vote:)

I know this is a small chapter. Sorry for that. While writing this chapter, I had an unexpected doubt. It is obvious that there are a lot of fangirls for Mahabharat. But are there any fanboys? Comment your thoughts on this too.

Thanks for your support.