16. Shakuni Plans

Gandharraj Shakuni was pacing back and forth in his chamber when a guard entered, "Sindhuraj Jayadrath is asking for permission to enter", he said.

"Let him in", Shakuni said and continued pacing.

"What is turning gears in your brain Gandharraj? You seem tense", Jayadrath asked.

"Woah! Look who is here. So what made you wanna meet me?", Shakuni asked.

"Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend Gandharraj", Jayadrath said.

"I am listening", Shakuni said.

"I know we both want the same but for different reasons", Jayadrath said.

"Your point?"

"I know you are plotting against this kingdom for the injustice happened to your sister. And I guess I can help you do that"

"And you are doing this because?"

"Of course quid pro quo"

"What makes you think I need your help?", Shakuni asked.

"The fact that you are pacing around in your chamber instead of staying with Prince Duryodhan and poisoning his mind speaks volumes. I guess you have no idea on what to do or where to start", Jayadrath replied with confidence.

"I have Duryodhan stringed to my fingers Sindhuraj. What more can you possibly offer?", Shakuni asked.

"I know something you don't. I can tell you about the person who is waiting with scissors to cut those strings", Jayadrath offered.

"I see!! So what do you want in exchange?", Shakuni demanded.

"I help you and you help in acquiring the prosperous half of Aryavat", Jayadrath replied.

"Are you asking me to cheat my nephews?", Shakuni asked.

"Are you doing all this for your nephews or just for the sake of evil revenge?", Jayadrath asked back.

Shakuni didn't answer. He thought about the pros & cons of this deal silently. "Fine! The deal is ON. Now you tell me everything you know", Shakuni demanded. Jayadrath narrated the whole conversation between Karna & Krishna.

"Oh My God!", Shakuni exclaimed. "That sutputra is meddling with matters that he shouldn't. Who gave him the right to do that? Now that cunning Vasudeva Krishna is also by his side? That should never happen", Shakuni spoke fast still finding it difficult to process everything.

"So what are you going to do about it?", Jayadrath asked.

"I think it's time we send that Sutputra to wherever he came from stripped off of everything. It's time we make not only the Pandavs but also Angaraj look bad in front of everyone", Shakuni replied.

"When and how is that?", Jayadrath asked.

"What better day than today Sindhuraj? Do exactly as I say", Shakuni said and laid the plan before him. The fox and snake got to work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the evening as the sun was about to set,

All the guests were enjoying the shows put up by various entertainers from different kingdoms. Karn was standing by a pillar looking at everyone present. Sahadev was chatting with Rajamata Kunti and Maharani Gandhari. Nakul was chatting with his only sister Dushala with a lot of other princesses looking his way hoping to make eye contact with him. Nakul for his part looks at them and gives them his trademark sweet smile making the ladies go weak in their knees. Bheem was making sure the guests were served with drinks and stealing a few for himself. Yudhister and Duryodhan were greeting the guests and then were talking to Mahamantri Vidhur about the gifts. Krishna was saying something to Pitamah Bheeshm making him roar with laughter. At last he found Arjun running around making sure the entertainers were in order with Princess Subhadra's gaze following him and only him around. 'Oh something is brewing there', Karn made a mental note to himself. He looked at everyone and smiled because everyone fit right in place and for the first time, the place felt like home. He felt genuinely happy. And of course that didn't last long.

"Ahem ahem"

Karn turned to find Shakuni by his side. "Hello Gandharraj", he greeted.

"Looks like you are very happy Angaraj", Shakuni said.

"Everything is going as per my plan. The princes are working well together. So yeah I have no reason not to be happy", karn said with a smile.

"Nice Nice!! I think we should drink to that", Shakuni said and called a servant serving juice. He took two glasses and offered one to Karn.

"Thanks", Karn said and was about to drink it but Dushala came running to him followed by Nakul.

"Is it true?", she asked Karn. Karn was confused.

"Is what true?", he asked.

"Is it true that you won a beauty challenge against Bhrata Nakul?", she asked with a twinkle in her eyes and Nakul behind her was shaking his head.

"Bacho! Angaraj and I were discussing important stuffs. Can you not interrupt?", Shakuni asked.

"Oh sorry Mamashri but I have to know the answer for this", Dushala said and looked at Karn, "Please tell that's true Bhrata", she said.

Shakuni choked on his juice, "Bhrata?"

"Obviously mamashri he is Jyesth's best friend. Now that is not important", she said to Shakuni impatiently and looked at Karn, "Tell me Bhrata"

Karn looked at an expectant Dushala then at a please-say-no faced Nakul and back at Dushala, "Well the result was relative but I guess Prince Nakul won", he said which made Dushala groan and Nakul sigh in relief.

"Ok Angaraj needs a break. Go away!", Shakuni said shooing them away.

"Kids", Karn muttered.

"What?"

"She is still the same little girl she was before her marriage", Karn said.

"Haha yes", Shakuni finished his juice, "Come on Angaraj Karn. You still did not drink the juice I offered", he reminded.

Karn looked at the glass of juice in his hand and thought, 'wow! Suddenly he cares'. He was about to drink it but was interrupted again.

"Mithr Karn", Duryodhan came rushing to him, "I need you to come with me now"

"What happened Putr Duryodhan. Can't you see Angaraj and I are having a conversation?", asked an annoyed Shakuni.

"I know mama. But this is important", Duryodhan said pulling Karn along with him.

"This is important too"

"Mama he is standing here simply with a glass of juice in his hand. What is so important?"

"It is important to take a break. You guys are running around working. Have you had anything to drink? I don't want the best of Hastinapur dehydrated", Shakuni said. "So nobody is leaving without finishing that glass", he then said to Karn asking him to do so.

Duryodhan snatched the glass from Karn's hand and drank the whole in one gulp before Shakuni could interrupt. "Fine? Happy? The glass is empty. Now excuse me mamashri. I have to borrow him", Duryodhan said. He gave the empty glass to Shakuni and walked away pulling Karn with him leaving a gaping Shakuni behind.

"Damn I hate it when I am sidelined", Shakuni muttered under his breath as he watched them speaking to Vidhur and Yudhister, "What have you done Putr Duryodhan?", he said looking at the empty glass in his hand, "You shouldn't have done that. Fine! Let the drama begin", he said with his evil smile.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: And yes Shakuni Plans. That too along with a co-conspirator. So what exactly did he do? What drama is he waiting for? Will he succeed? Stay tuned to find out. Feel free to post your thoughts on this chapter and dont forget the star button. Thanks a lot guys!!