23. The Perfect Gift

Meanwhile the palace was in total chaos. Pitamah Bheeshm found the guards carrying and displacing loads of royal fashion clothing and jewelry.

'What is happening today? Why are they clearing out Hastinapur's treasury?', he thought and followed them. The guards lead him to the Royal room where Gandhari and Kunti were arguing with each other about the jewels and in the corner sat a very bored looking Dhritirashtrar and a super bored Sanjayan who were waiting to run away the first chance they got. Jewelry and Royal clothes were spread across as if they set up shop. The daasis were showing them everything (in this case explaining as two people can't see)

"What is happening here?", Bheeshm asked.

"Oh Great! Pitamah! Does the nation need me? Oh great yes! Thanks for informing me. Come let's go!! Lead the way", Maharaj said getting up hurriedly. Bheeshm was super confused. Maharaj went near him and whispered, "Please get me out of here. Please save me from this", he begged.

"We are just trying to find out a perfect gift for a more than perfect lady", Gandhari said. Kunti nodded excitedly.

"So you had to clean out the kingdom's treasury?", Pitamah asked.

"Well do you wanna help? The sooner we find the best, the sooner the other items will be restored", Gandhari asked.

Now Bheeshm understood why Dhritirashtrar was looking so bored. He saw him shaking his head.

"Did you offer to help?", Bheeshm whispered.

"No! I was forced to", Maharaj replied, "Please get me out of here", he added.

"I am sorry Putri. But I have to go. I am sure you can find it yourself", Bheeshm said, "But I have to borrow him for a sec", he added making Dhritirashtrar sigh in relief.

"Oh God! Nobody is present in this palace to help us", Gandhari complained. Pitamah looked around to find nearly 100 daasis helping them and just rolled his eyes.

"Who is not helping my Bhabhishree?", Vidhur asked as he came and stood dumbfound looking at the royal mess. "Oh my God! Did I miss any memo about shifting the treasury?", he asked.

"No No we are just finding the perfect gift for Vrushali. Come on Mahamantri. Give us your valuable input", Kunti asked. He looked at the other gents in the room who just shrugged hiding a smirk.

"All the best brother", Maharaj said patting Vidhur.

"What did I get myself into?", Vidhur muttered making Pitamah smile. A bulb then glowed in Vidhur's brain.

"Oh I know the perfect set of people who can help you in this quest of yours", Vidhur said.

"Oh YEAH!", Pitamah said understanding Vidhur's context.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that was how the Princes of Hastinapur found themselves in the middle of the heap of Rare Royal Clothing and Jewelry.

"Okay why exactly are we here?", Duryodhan asked.

"We are here to help them find the perfect gift", Yudhister said.

"And what the hell is that?", Duryodhan asked.

"How am I supposed to know that?", Yudhister asked back.

"Stop bickering boys", Gandhari said.

"Sorry maa", said the two eldest in unison.

Meanwhile Bheem was commenting on every article present there along with Dushasen and pulling his leg. Arjun was annoyed and Sahadev was sulking. "I didn't expect to spend my morning looking into women's jewelry that I have no idea how or where to put it on", Sahadev grumbled.