24. The Baby Shower

It was evening when the Pandavs along with Kunti found themselves standing in front of a simple and small house.

"So this is Angaraj Karn's house?", Bheem asked in disbelief.

"Apparently yes", Arjun said who was shocked too.

"Why does he live in this house? He is a king for godsake", Nakul said.

"Well who cares about the size of the house? It's the happiness and memories that matter", they heard Karn behind them.

"Putr Karn", Kunti smiled.

"Welcome Rajamata. Welcome Rajkumars to my humble abode", Karn said welcoming them into his house.

"Thank you Putr", Kunti said as she entered her son's childhood home. It was a small and simple house. It was decorated beautifully with flowers and there was not a single spot of dust anywhere to be seen.

Adirath and Radhama rushed to welcome them.

"Welcome Welcome Please take your seats", Adirath said folding his hands as Radhama served them with butter milk.

Bheem was eyeing the glass in his hands that looked so small in his hands, "Its so tiny", he muttered. Arjun chuckled when Yudhister rolled his eyes.

"Why are you looking like a lost puppy? Don't worry I got you", Duryodhan said as he came in from the kitchen carrying a pitcher full of buttermilk, "Here this is for you", he gave it to Bheem. Bheem hesitated for a sec. "Oh don't be scared. It is not poisoned", Duryodhan teased.

"Oh Come on. I am not scared of anything. If I find it poisoned I will kill you", Bheem said with a stare as he snatched the pitcher and gulped it down in one go.

"Now that is a miracle", Duryodhan teased making Bheem give him a death glare.

Adirath and Radhama looked at them nervously. 'Oh my God! Are they gonna fight now?', Adirath thought.

"No no no don't be worried. That's just how they talk", Yudhister said sensing their worried face. Bheem burped and everyone laughed including him.

"By the way when did you come? You came in from the Kitchen", Bheem asked.

"I came by afternoon itself to help", Duryodhan replied.

"I am glad he came or else all these preparations would have been delayed", Vrushali said as she bowed before everyone and welcomed them.

"How can I not be early to my sister's function?", Duryodhan asked.

"And here I thought he came to help me", Karn muttered with a pout.

"Nah! Who are you?", Duryodhan asked.

"Ha! Very funny", Karn said as he rolled his eyes.

"Stop bickering you two", Radhama warned.

"Sorry ma", both replied in unison.

"So we'll start the function once Maharaj and Maharani arrives", Adirath said.

"Yeah Sure. Let me help you with the food", Kunti said as she got up.

"What no! You don't have to. I will take care of it. I mean you are the rajamata of this Kingdom", Radhama said humbly.

"Yeah but this is not the palace right. I came here today as a mother", Kunti said.

"Mother?"

"Well- er- ofcourse. I have sons too. Can't a mom help another mom? It's been a long time since I was just a mother. So please?", Kunti asked. Radhama was silent. "Okay- if you don't want to allow me its fi-", Kunti said but was interrupted.