19. Recovering

Lucas

It's going to take at least six weeks to recover. Six... fucking...weeks! This means I will miss our Division Championship game. This pisses me off the most, football has been my go-to thing for as long as I can remember. Now I don't even have that. Jax walks in and smiles at me as he brings the wheelchair, today I get to go home. It's been a damn week that I have been stuck in the hospital. Jax has tried to stay by my side, but I made his ass go to school. I am not letting him fuck up anything for me.

"Ready to go home babe."

"I've been ready for a fucking week!" I growl. I know I'm being a dick, but I'm frustrated, pissed off and part of me is scared. But I will never admit that to anyone. He sighs as he runs a hand through his hair. "Well tough shit! You had to stay to make sure you were okay."

"I'm not okay Jax! I worked so damn hard to play in that game and I don't get to!" I sigh as I grab his hand and place a kiss on his bruised knuckles. "I know, I know. I'm just glad you are able to come home." I want him to fight back, like we always do, but he doesn't. I look at him and he looks so damn exhausted. He has bags under his eyes and my anger dissipates.

"I'm sorry babe, you look tired. Have you not been sleeping?" He shrugs his shoulders like it's not a big deal, when it is. "A little bit here and there. I've been trying to find out who those fuckers are." His hands shake and he clenches his fists. "Please help me up. "When he does, I fall into his arms. I hold on tight. "I'm alright Jaxon."

"I can't let it go Lucas." He shakes his head. "The images in my head." He puts his head in the crook of my neck. "They won't go away."

I kiss his head and when he looks at me, I kiss his lips. He's hesitant at first but I growl at him. "Stop treating me like I'm going to fucking break." I pull his head to mine again and I let my tongue dive into his mouth. He groans as I swirl my tongue around his. My ribs hurt like a bitch, but I don't care at this moment. I need to prove a point to my cocky son of a bitch that he doesn't need to be cautious with me. I need him to be himself around me and not on edge. When I pull back, we are both breathless. We are still flushed together, and I feel how hard he is.

"Wow!"

I can't help but feel cocky by his response. "Wow indeed."

I grab his chin to get his full attention. "If you ever go soft on me like that again, like I'm a fragile fucking flower... I will never do that again, or this." I take my hand off his chin and grab his dick. He growls and I see the desire in his eyes. "I want my cocky son of a bitch back." I rest my forehead against his and sigh. "I want my Jaxon back. The one that didn't put up with my shit when I first met him. The one that says the corniest crap I've ever heard, but I love it all the same."

"I'm sorry. I guess we are both recovering, but in different ways." I make him look at me and when I do I break a little. His eyes are so vulnerable, and they are riddled with guilt. "You didn't do this to me Jaxon. Those fucking cock suckers did." He raises an eyebrow at me and smirks. "I thought you were my cock sucker. Since you love sucking my cock so much." He wiggles his eyebrows. I love that he is trying to be his playful self. I laugh at his antics, but wince when it hurts my ribs too much. He kisses my forehead, "come on babe let's get you home."

Jax helps me into the wheelchair, and I look up at him and smile. "Guess I'm going to be a cock sucker for a while. The Doctor said no strenuous activities for a while." He wheels me out of the hospital and gives me a small smile. "Whenever you are ready babe." I growl at him as we stop at his car. "I swear to God Jaxon knock this shit off! I will fucking punish you so bad once I get the okay." His pupils dilate when he sees the look in my eyes, and I smile.  He helps me out of the wheelchair. Once I am up, he pins me to the car. I can see the lust in his eyes. I know he can see it in mine as well.