Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - First Day

"Ugh. Cut it out," Liam mumbles irritated as the persistent ringing of his alarm continues.

His hand snakes out from underneath the warm and very comfy cocoon of his blankets, grabbing his phone from the side table. He shuts it off and brings it under the blankets with him. And just when sleep starts to pull him under again, he feels the phone vibrate under his pillow between his hands. Huffing to himself, he pries his eyes open, but makes no movement to actually get out of his bed. But of course, the alarm in his phone is relentless, it starts buzzing again.

"I'm up. I'm up," he groans, sitting up, stretching his arms over his head, rolling his neck around, before grabbing his phone and turning off the alarm once more.

Scratching his bare abdomen, he stands up and groggily walks towards the bathroom to brush his teeth and splash some cold water on his face hoping to be rid of the remaining sleepiness that stubbornly clung to him. Summer is over, but it seems like his body hasn't quite gotten the memo yet; he just wants to return to his bed and continue sleeping.

But he can't.

He starts a new job today. With a brand-new Liam Beau Spencer. One who is not going to mope around like he has done all summer. And one who is definitely not going to spare another second to think about his sleazebag of an ex-fiancé.

This Liam Beau Spencer is over all that, and more than ready to go face his new, bright future.

He glances at his reflection in the mirror. He had finally shaved the beard he managed to grow out during the summer after his mother's unending berating, and he has to admit that small change in his facial features does make a rather noticeable difference.

Liam feels like he looks brighter somehow, and he's definitely taking that as a good sign. God, knows he needs it.
He manages to give himself a frail smile, and bobs his head up and down. Yeah, he is ready to face his new future.

֍֍֍

"Oh, shi- shucks," Liam quickly catches himself from swearing, spotting the two little figures running about the living room, laughing (actually, shrieking more like), still clad in their night clothes.
In him preparing for his new start, he almost forgot about these two little kids, and he momentarily feels bad. He had set the alarm clock for them the previous night, just in case he forgot about them, and it seems like it had been a fair decision. The alarm must have gone off while Liam was too immersed in his run and woken these two up.

"Liiiiii-am," the younger of the two, Tania notices him first and catapults herself towards him, hanging to his leg.

"Ooof," Liam pats her on the head, smiling, and closes the door behind him, pushing himself forward with his four-year-old niece still attached to his leg. "I'm so late," he mutters to himself, and then regards Claude, his nephew who was now sat on the couch going through his mother's phone.

Sighing to himself, Liam pries Tania away from his leg, and then snatches the phone away from Claude, and points a finger at him when he starts to complain, "Come on, little man. First day, you've got to work with me here,"

"Ugh, fine," Claude stands up from the couch and starts towards the stairs, "I'm going to bathe,"

"No longer than ten minutes," Liam calls out after him and picks up the little girl before she can manage to run away from him, "Now, what are we going to do about you?"

"Can we go swimming, Liam?" Tania asks eyes wide.

"I wish, darling," he flicks her nose playfully, walking towards the bathroom downstairs, "But do you know what day it is today?"