Chapter 24

Chapter 24 — Dinner With Devil Incarnate

Liam would've barged into Aaron's office and demanded for answers when he got to know that he and Jason were invited for an ominous dinner but Jason stopped him before he can do so and made him promise that he won't ask him any questions. His boyfriend is a nice man, but Liam worries that he is gullible. How can he easily accept an invitation from their boss with no doubts or queries? Maybe that's why he even apologised in the first place. Maybe this is all part of his brand plan, and they are just falling for it like stupid ducks.

Liam keeps eyeing Aaron like a hawk all through the work hours, hoping (although he knows it's very unlikely) that the latter will break and admit that it is a prank after all. But he doesn't. Instead he even smiles at him a couple of times as if to intentionally taunt him further. Liam does keep an eye out for anything suspicious from him, but there's nothing — he can't find anything.

When the day ends, Aaron even stops by his desk and clears his throat, his hands stuffed into his pockets. Liam looks up at him — he was about to just turn off his desktop and take his leave.

"I guess Jason already told you,"

Liam neither nods or shakes his head.

"I was hoping the two of you could join me for dinner,"

He purposely waits for a few seconds before replying, "Okay, sure,"

"Cool,"

"Text me the address?"

"Oh, it's my house. Jason knows where it is,"

"Dinner at your house?"

"Yeah. Any problem?"

A lot of problems, yes, but because of the stupid promise he made to Jason he cannot admit that out loud, and so he just says, "No, just... why the trouble. We could just go to a restaurant,"

A small smile creeps on his lips and it stirs something weird inside Liam — he's going to ignore that for now; that weird thing happens whenever they have a normal, decent conversation. "You're suspicious," he doesn't even ask and simply claims as if he knows Liam very well. How presumptuous of him, although it is true.

"No, I'm not," Liam scoffs, crossing his arms, "Fine, we can have dinner at your house,"

He laughs, shaking his head, "It's fine. I'll make a reservation and text the both of you. See you later, Liam,"

"Whatever," Liam mutters, rolling his eyes, but he'd be lying if he said he wasn't looking forward to later tonight, not for dinner, no. He just can't wait to see what Aaron has planned for them, because if there's one thing he was sure of right then, it's that Aaron has definitely planned for something for dinner.

֍֍֍

"You're early," Liam accuses Jason as he invites him inside the house.

He's nowhere near ready, standing in a tank top and shorts, while Jason is clad in an olive green shirt and a pale brown pants. That is a combination Liam thought would go well, but Jason has pulled it off.

"Well, I haven't been to your house and wanted to spend some time here,"

"Give it a five minutes and you'd regret it," Liam smiles at him as he gestures at his nephew and niece running around the living room.

"I doubt it. I love kids,"

Liam smiles, and introduces him to the kids, "Hey, guys. This is my friend, Jason. Come say hi,"

Both of the kids have always been curious ones, so they do not waste any time in approaching him and looking up at him inquisitively. Jason doesn't know how any information is passed to these kids, but the second they open their mouth, he facepalms himself.