Chapter 17

Chapter 17 — Official First Date

It has been a suspiciously peaceful, stress-free two days and now the weekend is upon Liam and he is still waiting for something big to drop on his head. Aaron has been surprisingly professional and polite and hasn't pulled any prank on him yet. Maybe he was sincere when he said he wanted to call a truce.

Liam is back to being suspicious of his boss' intentions — he has a very distrustful nature; he is aware.

Aaron won't even reply to his comments and instead gives him a very civilised nod and a gentle smile. It should reassure Liam but it only unsettles him more, thinking that maybe Aaron is something major behind his back and this is all a ploy to just to get him to lower his defences.

But again, why would he do that — he's already had his revenge in the form of Rylee's birthday gathering turned into some kind of sex exhibition and he is the one who proposed that they call a truce. And so far, he hasn't done anything to oppose what he said.

Liam's phone buzzes in his lap. He checks and sees that it's a message from Jason.

And yes, there's Jason. Just seeing his name, Liam starts beaming like a thousand-watts light. Liam doesn't know what but there's something with Jason that makes him feel light.

Distractedly, he notes that he has never felt that way with Benjamin, who he was about to marry. Maybe he has dodged a bullet there — he doesn't know why he spent over a month butthurt over that.

He and Jason are still taking their lunch break together and the awkwardness that was between them at first are very much gone now. It's like Liam has gained a close friend with Jason; a friend who he very much has the hots for nonetheless.

Maybe it's just Liam, but it feels as though Jason has been growing more and more attractive each passing day. It's all Liam can do to not just gape and stare at the man every time he's within his eyesight. And it should be a good thing, but right now it doesn't feel so because Liam cannot do anything about it.

They still haven't had their first date and worst of all they haven't even kissed. Quite frankly, Liam doesn't know what either of them are waiting for. Liam is usually bold in these types of things — he should have grabbed him by his collar and smacked their lips together and if the time and opportunity present itself, smack together than that. But he hasn't done that and he doesn't know why.

Being with Jason, it has transformed himself back into his teenage self when he first came out as gay and was still having a hard time stringing a sentence together in front of his crushes. It was an embarrassing time of his life and he does not wish to relive that. But it seems like that is what is happening with the both of them.

They have only confessed that they 'like' each other so far, and since then they haven't even broached that topic. It took Katie urging Liam to go on a date with him and he finally sent him a text.

They have agreed to go on one. Finally.

And it's supposed to be today. They decided to have one on the weekend so it'll be comfortable for the both of them. Liam is supposed to go over to Jason in a few hours. They decided to just have a simple night in, both of them failing to come up with a plan on what to do.

It's fine, Liam decided, as long as he gets to spend some alone time with the man.

֍֍֍

Liam takes a deep breath before pressing the buzzer. The speaker crackles as he hears Jason's voice from the other side and Liam's voice comes out embarrassingly squeaky. He quickly clears his throat, and starts again.