Chapter 8

Chapter 8 — What Kind Of Prank Is This?

Liam is barely focusing on his work before him. All he can think about is how he can get back at his boss — he is one gazillion percent convinced that his boss is the one who tampered with his desktop. There's no way the virus just popped out of nowhere; it has to has a source.

That smile was evil, Liam realises — he wasn't being paranoid.

He only snaps out of his revenge-planning when there is a knock on his table. He looks up, and is momentarily surprised.

"Jason?"

"Hey," he scratches the back of his neck, and looks everywhere around Liam but at him.

He can't even look at my face, Liam thinks sourly.

"Um, I texted you, but there was no reply? So, I was wondering if you still wanted to get lunch with me?"

"Oh," he picks up his phone and sure there are two new messages from him in addition to the ones he sent the previous night.

Liam meant to reply, he really did, but of course, unanticipated things happened and he just forgot.

"I'm sorry," he starts to apologise, but Jason waves him off.

"It's fine. I'm sure you had other things to do,"

Not really, Liam thinks to himself, but to Jason, he only gives him a tight smile and a small nod, "You want to have lunch with me?" Liam asks once again to be sure, "Even after what happened this morning?"

Jason starts laughing, "You have no idea how many times this have happened here,"

"Really,"

He nods, and then adds, "Okay, maybe not as loudly as it happened to you, but yeah. I mean, everyone watches porn, don't they?" however, the moment he says that his cheeks flare red, "Not that I– um, or you, uh–," he stutters.

Amused, Liam places his elbows on his table and leans forward, looking up at the stuttering man before him, "So, you watch porn?"

His cheeks only turn darker, "Um....,"

However, the office phone rings right then, and Liam answers it, frustrated — he finally feels something other than annoyed and pissed off for the day, and of course, his boss has to intervene. Liam doubts that dickface is probably looking at him right then, and sure enough he is — he quickly turns away when Liam looks at him though.

"Hello," he answers blandly, holding up a finger at Jason, who looks very much relieved at the interruption.

"I thought I told you that flirting with co-workers is against this company's policy," he gets straight to the point.

"And I remember Chloe telling me there is no such policy," Liam replies without missing a beat.

"Hah, so you are flirting with him,"

"So, what if I am?"

It's clear that Aaron didn't expect that for him by the way he takes a few seconds to form a response to that, "I– I–, I don't pay you to come here and–,"

Liam doesn't wait for him to complete that sentence, "I'm taking my lunch break now," and he puts the phone down, feeling very much victorious.

He doesn't have to look at the window to know that his boss is looking at him once again, fuming. He gets up from his seat.

"Shall we go?"

֍֍֍

Jason and Liam head to the same diner they had the day before, and place their orders.