Chapter 22

Chapter 22 — Meeting At The Parking Lot

Liam wakes with a start and squints at the unfamiliarity of his surroundings before it hits him at once. He is at Jason's.

After having one too many drinks the previous night, Liam didn't think that he was in any state to drive back and he would have booked a cab back but Jason insisted that he stayed and Liam didn't quite feel like leaving just yet either — it also helped that his mother was staying over at his sister's on that particular day and he didn't quite have to worry about the kids.

They talked quite a deal the previous night. Liam learnt that Jason too has an elder sister. His father passed away when he was still young and his mother is currently living with her new partner. Liam also learnt that Jason is originally from Michigan which is about four hours away and where his family still lives. He moved away for college and decided to stay since he managed to find a good job here.

Afterwards when they still couldn't fall asleep, they decided to watch a movie. Jason chose an indie film which didn't really make any sense to Liam at all but he didn't mind because it gave him time and unrestricted access to look at the man beside him. And that is the last thing Liam remembers about the previous night. He guesses he must have fallen asleep like that.

He frowns at the blanket on top of him; he doesn't remember having that before.

"Good morning," he hears from above him and he twists his head upwards and looks at an upside down Jason smiling down at him with two mugs in his hand.

"Hey," Liam drawls out, stretching his arms above before sitting up.

"Here," he hands him a mug, "I wasn't sure how you take your coffee, so I put a little bit of milk and sugar in it,"

He nods, and takes a small sip of it, "This is good. Thank you," and takes a look around, particularly at the sunlight streaming in, "Ah shit. What time is it?"

"7, I think,"

"Dammit," he takes a big gulp of the coffee and immediately regrets it, the heat burning his tongue. He stands up and looks around for his keys and wallet, "I have to go,"

"We don't have to be in until nine,"

"Yeah, I know. But I still have to go check on my sister's kids, remember. Uh, where are my keys and wallet?"

"Oh, right," he stands up and walks towards the shelf by the door and picks up his things from the bowl, "Do you need me to come with you? I can help,"

Liam's lips curve into a smile just from the offer and he shakes his head. He holds him by his shoulders, "No, I'm good," he reaches up and kisses his lips, "I'll see you later, okay,"

Jason doesn't let him go until he can kiss him once again, "Okay, bye,"

֍֍֍

Liam silently thanks him mom as he pulls into the driveway, seeing that her car is still there. He quickly heads in, apologising loudly, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm here. I'm here,"

"We're in the kitchen," he hears his mom's voice calling back to him and he heads towards there and has to blink twice to make sure that he's not imagining what he is seeing before him.

His mom is actually sat at the dining table overlooking the kitchen with the kids while Rylee, his sister, is the one at the kitchen cooking up something.

"Look who has finally returned," his mom beams at him and his niece runs up to him and hugs his leg.

"Uncle. Where were you? I was looking for you,"